Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA 40% off @ Sugru, this weekend only
  • Stoner
    Free Member

flash sale at Sugru, 40% off all orders over £15.

If you put 11 packs (8+3) in your basket, you get charged £14.49 instead of £22.48 incl p&p. i.e. 3 packs free compared to the normal price for 8 once youve allowed for p&p.

https://sugru.com/buy

lunge

Hmm, not showing up for me.

Drac

Not working for me. 🙁

Not even through the email.

Stoner
    Free Member

scroll down to the bottom of checkout page

Drac

Ohhhhhh!

Stoner
    Free Member

yeah, it’s a shit layout.

DrP

I find it pretty tasteless, TBH. Prefer Wrigleys.

DrP

nemesis
    Free Member

Sugru looks like a brilliant idea and I’ve been in the point of ordering some several times but I just can’t really come up with a good use that I actually need. Suggestions?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Sugru looks like a brilliant idea and I’ve been in the point of ordering some several times but I just can’t really come up with a good use that I actually need. Suggestions?

I’ve bought it twice and both times I got all excited about all the things you can do with it before realising that they were mostly a bit shit and shoving it in a drawer. I used it to replace a perished rubber “bumper” on a lighting cord once. that’s about it.

Drac

I used it to replace a perished rubber “bumper” on a lighting cord once. that’s about it.

Funnily enough that’s what mine is for. I do have somewhere but it’s long lost.

jairaj

Not working for me. I scroll to the bottom of the checkout and it still shows £22.48.

Do I have to type in a promo code or something?

lunge

scroll down to the bottom of checkout page

Err, I’m definitely missing something here.

Drac

Just below where you enter your address. Where it says delivery.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Still says £22.48. Was there a promo url in the email that you clicked?

Drac

No. It shows it next to delivery options.

doris5000

i got some in my stocking at Christmas last year. It has spent the last 9 months in my Stuff Drawer where i periodically look at it, can’t think of anything particularly useful that i could do with it, and then put it back.

Hope this helps 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

I used it to fix a MacBook cable, then it languished in a drawer.

Drac

That’s the other thing it’s being used for. 😀

jairaj

No. It shows it next to delivery options.

Am I looking in the correct place?

timidwheeler

Not working for me 🙁

Drac

Am I looking in the correct place?

No idea as your pic requires a login to see.

aracer
    Free Member

Not working here either – I don’t have “delivery options”. Have you entered a delivery address?

edit: though having checked, it’s still more expensive per pack to get 11 packs from there than it is from http://cpc.farnell.com/sugru/smlt8/sugru-8-x-5g-packs-multicolour/dp/MK00040 (that may not be the cheapest source, just the first I checked)

Drac

Ermmm! It’s more from your link.

simon_g

I used it to shim a front mech so it fitted a frame it wasn’t meant to.

Mostly repairing fraying cables though.

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm, OK I can’t do maths – though for those of us who aren’t likely to use a whole 11 packs it’s still better value.

Rio

It’s one of those things that you’ll never know when you’ll need, if that makes sense. I’ve repaired the washing machine with it, fixed a broken gnome, modified a damaged ipod lead so that it works at the right angle in the car and various other things that I can’t remember, but I’ve run out and B&Q don’t seem to have it any more.

My email from them produced what looks like a unique discount code at the checkout when I clicked on it so if you’re not on their mailing list perhaps you’re out of luck.

spooky_b329

Several packs still in the fridge from about 18 months ago.

I’ve used it for:
    Knackered iPhone lead.
    Nearly knackered Ayup wall charger.
    Repairing my cracked Aeropress.
    Moulding a cheap generic phone charger to support a Nexus phone instead of it just balancing precariously on the charge port.
    Still not got round to sticking a hula hoop style ring discreetly around the stove handle… Don’t want it to look rubbish…

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m 48, can’t see me getting through 11 packs in my lifetime

Gary_M
    Free Member

double post but hadn’t finished anyway. I bought a pack and used it as a temp repair for a broken p-clip on my mudguard. It’s handy to have around, not 11 packs though.

convert

They have a blog/email thing for people to to post what they have done with it which might be a source of inspiration for you folks sadly missing it 😉

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Used it to repair ripped saddles. Moulds in perfectly

Cable rubbing points,

Also on the back of the seatpost where it inserts the frame to stop water getting in.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘PSA 40% off @ Sugru, this weekend only’ is closed to new replies.