Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA: 40% off Hope products at Halfords
  • nickwatson
    Free Member

Not a huge range of products (i.e. no brakes, wheels), but worth a look if you are after anything.

Nick

reggiegasket
    Free Member

ta.

Floating rotors are all 140mm, which is a shame

SS BB for £48 sounds pretty good.

reedspeed
    Free Member

They’re off Hope stock as they’re deleting the brand from there range !..apparently .

Redbus
    Free Member

SS BB is 83mm though

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

83mm only.

Wiggle have 68/73mm SS ones for £56

kendo954
    Free Member

yup – hope stopped dealing with them – end of november

servo
    Free Member

I already have a Hope BB. Can’t I reuse the tube from the current bracket to replace the 83mm version on a new one?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

servo, yes, you can.

zilog6128

yup – hope stopped dealing with them – end of november

Good. Their reductions were unsustainable and probably quite damaging to smaller bike shops. Can’t begrudge anyone who grabbed a bargain though!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Can’t begrudge anyone who grabbed a bargain though!

Enjoying my 29er Crest Hope wheelset that I got for 200 quid 🙂

sam3000

Thanks for the wiggle bottom bracket psa!!!

Glad I held on a week

tomhoward

Good. Their reductions were unsustainable and probably quite damaging to smaller bike shops. Can’t begrudge anyone who grabbed a bargain though!

thats the reason Hope stopped supply. Halfords procurment essentially went to Hope and said ‘We’re Britains biggest bike retailer, and we are going to have (another) try at being a proper bike shop. What prefferential discount are you going to give us?’ (may not have been worded exactly like that, but you ge the idea).

Hope told them to do one, as they preffered to look after the LBS, so Halfords promptly started liquidating all their stock, hence all the discounts.

Well done Hope.

(And, err, thanks Halfords for my district 3 @ 30% off… 😳 )

nuke

Maybe some bargains to be had but Halfords are awful retailers IMO. Aside the fact the website consistently comes up with ‘bad request’ pages in Chrome for me, so far I have bought and paid for 6 in stock items over 2 orders and received only 3 of those items then had to chase for refunds 👿

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Maybe some bargains to be had but Halfords are awful retailers IMO. Aside the fact the website consistently comes up with ‘bad request’ pages in Chrome for me, so far I have bought and paid for 6 in stock items over 2 orders and received only 3 of those items then had to chase for refunds

whereas in the last 6 months Ive used Halfords more often than CRC, had bigger bargains and had better service.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 40% off Hope products at Halfords’ is closed to new replies.