Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • PSA: 2Pure Ibis Demo bike sale – bargins.
  • wwaswas

Complete Mojo’s from £900.

http://www.ibiscycles.co.uk/images/uploads/wygwam/Ibis_Demo_Sale.pdf

Please buy them so I don’t have to…

binners

What’ve you gone and done that for? You’re going to get me in trouble? 😥

wwaswas

I was hoping hora would see it 🙂

I’ve got palpitations here, not helped by JoB spurring me on.

Joe

Shizzle my nizzle some bargains.

julians
    Free Member

on the face of it, they SL’s look to be priced well, but theres no mention of whether anything is in good working order, or totally worn out, other than a few photos of scratches to frames.

I suppose they’ll give you the detail if you call.

The HD’s look less good value for money, but depends on condition I suppose.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The specs don’t seem to match the pics, either. If it was eBay, I’d be walking.

jota180
    Free Member

The road bikes are listed as 55″

What sort freaks did they have in mind when they built them? 😀

kevin1911

Anyone else getting document not found on Google docs?

RustyMac

Binners can you not go down the route of, you told all my friends you were going to win me on for christmas last year and that never happened so i thought i’d give myself a better chance of getting one for christmas this year??? 😉 👿

* Is acutely aware that i have just used the C word twice before December! Wanders off to the corner of the room to have a stern word with myself.

granny_ring

…….no warranty either

clubby

I’d be a bit wary. I was lucky enough to have one of the HD demo bikes for a weekend. It was supplied pretty filthy and was showing a lot of scratches and wear and tear. Frame was previous years spec as we’re parts. Forks were also in dire need of a service. On the plus side the bearings all felt great and the bike was amazing to ride. I ended up buying a frame when I handed the demo bike back.

radoggair
    Free Member

is it just me or does every one of them look ugly. The ht’s are horrendous looking, no sense of speed whatsoever in them and the full sussers look thrown together from a bad parts bin. Aesthetically pleasing…………….no sir

DezB
    Free Member

Oh god, they’ve got a Hakkalugi… thank the lord its not a yellow one or I’d be spendin!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Oh heck…An Ibis Mojo in my size for £900.

Must not look at internet…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I love mojos and have always wanted one and they are properly cheap, but I have the nagging feeling they will be properly shagged too 🙄

dreednya

But at the end of the day you’re buying a great riding frame with ‘bits’ attached 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

potentially a really battered example of a great riding frame, with worn-out bits that require so much work to sort out (Fox forks not famed for taking neglect well….) it suddenly becomes less of a bargain? Just thinking out loud as I’m still kicking myself for not clicking “buy” when thebikechain were selling new Mojo frames for a whisker over £1K and trying to convince myself whether these are terrific bargains or ultimately disappointing money pits. As the importer’s demo bikes no doubt theyll have been around every demo day and dealer, abused and neglected and thrown into vans, unlike a privately owned example which is likely to have been lavished with attention.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Have been enquiring about the Mojo SL in blue.

There were no photos available since it’s not in with them yet and someone has bought it. Was really tempted by it too. Actually glad it’s gone as it seemed like a bit of a gamble.

Fingers crossed for the new owner it’s a good one!

druidh
    Free Member

Is an importer likely to hand out “shagged” bikes as demonstrators? I’d have thought they’d be better looked after than most 2nd hand bikes.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Am half tempted by an SL to replace my 2010 Epic which I love but fancy a little more travel – could swap all my XTR bits over but would probably end up with a bike that needs the forks servicing and an Epic with a load of shagged bits that I’d never sell for a decent amount.

Have generally found that if something seems too cheap, there’s a reason why!

tracknicko
    Free Member

Is an importer likely to hand out “shagged” bikes as demonstrators? I’d have thought they’d be better looked after than most 2nd hand bikes.

this.

DezB
    Free Member

2 of my early mountain bikes were demonstrators.
    One had been out to a few magazines, the other was the shop demo. Got em both at half price and they were immaculate. Total bargains. The first one was so tidy I remember the bike shop owner being annoyed that one of the inner tubes had been changed and no longer had a red valve cap!

njee20
    Free Member

Oh Jesus they’re cheap. Step away.

binners

Indeedy. My Intense is a demonstrator. When I picked it up (from Alpine bikes) they’d rebuilt the whole thing. Bearings and pivots throughout, forks serviced, complete new drivechain, Ride-on cables, brake pads, seatpost, saddle, grips

I paid considerably less for the whole bike than the frame would have cost. An absolute bargain!!

MUST…. RESIST!!!!

wwaswas

there’s a review of that actual Hakkalugi over on road.cc he was impressed. Albeit spec seems to have changed a little since then.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t want a black one. Do I?
    No.
    Yes.
    No
    YesNoYesNo

wwaswas

Go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on GO ON

alex222
    Free Member

I done did it.

DezB
    Free Member

What did you did?

eyerideit
    Free Member

alex222 – Member
    I done did it.

Which one?

alex222
    Free Member

What did you did?

Mojo HD with XT finishing kit and fox forks 😀

AlexSimon

That’s the highlight alex222 – No avid brakes either 🙂
    (although you may need to sell some Crap Bros wheels 😉

alex222
    Free Member

Yeah I need to sell wheels brakes, bar and stem also.

I also need a chain guide and a frame protector.

It’s funny I’ve been umming about a mojo hd vs a nomad c for some time. At this price it is a no brainer really. Very excited.

DezB
    Free Member

I wish I hadn’t looked at the pics on road.cc 😥

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I would of gone for XT also, nice bit of kit for £900 is it Carbon?

njee20
    Free Member

They’re all carbon. And £2k+ for a frame!

eyerideit
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member
    I would of gone for XT also, nice bit of kit for £900 is it Carbon?

There’s not a Mojo that’s not carbon.

*i’m probably going to regret that statement*

eyerideit
    Free Member

👿 damn my slow fingers

AlexSimon

<pedant>There are indeed steel Mojo’s but they are from a different era. Every current generation Ibis is carbon.</pedant>

njee20
    Free Member

There are Ti Mojos from ‘back in the day’ too, I know of 2 still in use. Not to mention the Bow Ti, there used to be alu frames too, like the Alibi.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 2Pure Ibis Demo bike sale – bargins.’ is closed to new replies.