Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • PSA -29er pikes £365 140mm £439 130mm
  • Tracey

Thanks, must stop looking at PSA, 140s and a xt front brake ordered, its not what you spend its what you save

frogstomp

Any ideas on the offset on these? Can’t find reference to the part number..

NormalMan

If only there had been a 120mm in there!

Northwind

Pretty sure you can drop 130 to 120 by cutting down the air shaft (you might need to recut the thread too).

NormalMan

That all sounds beyond me 😳

Northwind

Get drunk first!

Alternatively, it’s just an air shaft swap. Not totally sure which one you need for a 120mm 29er Pike but they’re about £27 if you can find the right size. And it’s a really easy swap- barely any harder than a lowers service. (Which I know a lot of people are freaked out by but a lowers service is as hard as undoing 2 bolts, wiping your arse, putting toothpaste on a brush, and pouring a shot)

stevemorg2

Have emailed them re. The offset – could be just want I want on my fuel 29

chakaping
    Free Member

They will be sold out before you get a reply.

Just assume 51mm, I reckon.

You can replace air shaft and sell the one it comes with to adjust height.

Not a very difficult job, but one bit can be quite tricky.

zelak999
    Free Member

Can you increase the travel to 150mm with a new air spring?

chestrockwell

Think so. My mate bought some 120’s and extended them to 140.

frogstomp

Just assume 51mm, I reckon.

46mm apparently.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cool.

I could have lived with 51mm but 46mm is preferable.

🙂

frogstomp

I could have lived with 51mm but 46mm is preferable.

I’m the other way around.. have 46mm, new frame is 51mm! Probably debatable how much noticeable difference it’ll make, but would’ve been nice to swap at minimal cost.

Tracey

Looks like mine has been shipped. Think I read something a while ago where Mojo did a test on different offsets on a 29r and 650b Enduro

stevemorg2

Just been told by Canyon the 29ers are 51mm offset

frogstomp

Just been told by Canyon the 29ers are 51mm offset

Ha, I was told 46mm! Only one way to find out..

Northwind

frogstomp – Member

I’m the other way around.. have 46mm, new frame is 51mm! Probably debatable how much noticeable difference it’ll make, but would’ve been nice to swap at minimal cost.

True story… When I fitted my 34s in place of my Pikes, it felt exactly like how people describe the difference between offsets. I was just about getting convinced that this stuff matters, til I discovered that actually both forks had the same offset.

I haven’t even bothered to find out what offset my 36s are, they feel normal so I’ll just presume they’re 51.

frogstomp

I think this is the article Tracey is referring to.

Same offset but different A2C so different in other ways? But yeah, the differences are probably fairly negligible to the masses.

Either way, nice new forks for the new frame won’t be bad, and gives me an excuse to use the old forks on a Shan GT!

kimbers

as hard as undoing 2 bolts, wiping your arse, putting toothpaste on a brush, and pouring a shot

hmmmm some people I know could end up wasting some good whisky, have a minty fresh bum and a shitty smile

Northwind

frogstomp – Member

Same offset but different A2C so different in other ways? But yeah, the differences are probably fairly negligible to the masses.

The a2c was about the same with these 2 forks, less than 2mm different I think. Obviously the damping and way it used travel was different so things get lost in the mix

Tracey

Once mine arrive will post up the offset, would love to be able to do a lower service but think it may be beyond me.
    Thought the 28T SRAM chain ring was a good buy but apparently it may not come with the spider.

peasant
    Free Member

They have arrived and there 51mm offset (under crown) they have no service kit/pump but do come with bottomless tokens ,but unlike the advert there is no sag marker on the leg and black graphics 😐

breadcrumb

Looks like some how I’ve accidentally ordered two 140 Pikes. 😳

Hopefully I can cancel one set, before they’re processed.

Bit of a shock when I checked my balance!

Vortexracing

They have arrived and there 51mm offset (under crown) they have no service kit/pump but do come with bottomless tokens ,but unlike the advert there is no sag marker on the leg and black graphics

Mine arrived as well, not too fussed about the ‘OEM style’ sale.

now I need a 130mm airshaft, anybody got one?? 😉

Tracey

Mine are at the Sheffield depot. Should have been ddelivered today. Will ring them tomorrow and rearange the delivery. Dont seem to be able to do it online. Hope mine have the black graphics and dont need another shock pump.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Any one know what steerer length?

Vortexracing

Any one know what steerer length?

uncut

frogstomp

VR you have email..

chakaping
    Free Member

51mm and murdered out here.

Packaging was like a lucky dip.

stevemorg2

My 130mm have just arrived – 51mm offset and 2x tokens – great for the money!

Tracey

Mine have arrived this morning, packaged well. Stealth graphics and 51 mm offset. A couple of chips, one on the crown and one on the front of the bridge. Can live with them as will probable get more on my next off. The front brake although shown as a right hand in the picture is a left hand so not much use apart from spares.

breninbeener

Ive had mine. Looks like a head race has been fitted but nothing else. Great PSA, thanks OP!

breadcrumb

Mine are on the way.

Just need to either source a 120 air shaft or cut down the one that comes with it.

frogstomp

Breadcrumb – you have mail!

breadcrumb

Thanks frogstomp 8)

breadcrumb

Just back on from my first ride with these, wow, pretty impressed and they still need a bit of fine tuning.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Just received mine, 140mm version and they look lovely. Come with tokens and totally blacked out stanchions.

blastit
    Free Member

Mine are fitted and fantastic,
    thanks Peasant

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yep thanks. Best PSA for me ever on here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘PSA -29er pikes £365 140mm £439 130mm’ is closed to new replies.