Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • PSA 25%off at Adidas today #flat shoes
  • Kamakazie

It’s the same rubber compound as the 5:10s (branded the same at least as Adidas own 5.10) so should be pretty much on par, apart from any difference the tread pattern might make.

davosaurusrex

I just punted the code FRIENDS25 in and it worked. Don’t know if that’s because I ordered a pair before though. Did it through Quidco this time who have a £10 bonus promotion running at the moment so with that and the cashback will make them just over £54. I’m really hoping hora thinks this is an acceptable amount to pay.

Hob Nob – as I mentioned above you can hear and feel the soles sticking to a smooth wooden floor. My 2FOs have never done that.

dlr

Worked for me as well davosaurusrex thanks! Hoping the 12.5 are big enough for me, normally wear 12-13 trainers. Have used size 13 510’s for the last few years however I bought a pair recently and they must have changed them slightly as they were smaller, 5mm narrower I measured which was enough to make them too narrow in the toe box. Hoping these adidas come up larger as others have mentioned

davosaurusrex

I reckon you’ll be fine. I have two pairs of Adidas trainers, both are 48. The Trail Cross in 47 were over a cm too long. Ordered the 46 which I think will be bang on although I might not be able to wear them with winter socks

If not the free returns are painless. Come with a return adhesive label so stuck it on, taped up the box and dropped in at a local newsagents which is a UPS collection point

dlr

Free returns even better 🙂 I like a bit of room in the toe box for the winter and don’t mind wearing thicker socks the rest of the time, will get a pair of 12’s if the 12.5’s are too big 🙂

Kamakazie

Another £10 off on Quidco? Damn!

gonzy
    Free Member

another £10 off Quidco?
    i’ve just been on there and all its offering is just the 10% cashback…is there something i’m not seeing?

davosaurusrex

Maybe it’s because I haven’t used it for so long, they sent me an email with a link

danposs86

Ordered mine, got 10% back with Quidco too.

£71.25 minus the £4.75 from Quidco.

gonzy
    Free Member

trying….to….resist….the….temptation….

mikekay
    Free Member

Ive got a 15% off voucher that only works on the adidas.co.uk site and not the speciality sports site.
    The adidas.co.uk site are out of stock. Grrrr.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

FRIENDS25 still working now

gonzy
    Free Member

trying….to….resist….the….temptation….

awww….boglocks!!

i couldnt resist no longer…just ordered a pair!!

the OP has just cost me £71 minus my Quidco cashback!! but i get a nice pair of shoes in return….which the wife will insert where the sun doesn’t shine when they arrive!!

matther01
    Free Member

Bonus! FRIENDS25 worked, 10% cash back with Quidco…and hadn’t realised I had £10 uncollected in my Quidco account. Works out at £54

Ioneonic

I have 10.5 black but would prefer the blue.
    Let me know if anyone would like to swap.
    FRIENDS25 discount not working for me any more.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

What happened to the mid-boot version?

danposs86

I ordered a pair of the new Trail Cross trainers and they arrived yesterday.

The reason I went with the Adidas trainers? I have had a pair of the older design for over a year now and been hugely impressed. Before I got them I had a pair of the Five Ten VXIs, these lasted a year before they started falling apart (in a spectacular way, sole coming off both!). The offering from Adidas has not only managed to stay together, but shows very little wear apart from the usual marks to the sole that you can expect regularly being stamped onto sharp pins. Even the laces have lasted, but are looking a bit frayed now so need replacing soon (on a side note, the ‘Lace Bungee’ is bloody brilliant, really tidies up the shoe).

I live on the edge of the Lakes and ride year round, so the shoes do get used in some really wet weather and gritty surroundings. I found that the Adidas trainers dried faster than the Five Tens too.

So the new shoes, the design is quite similar, with the biggest change being to the section above the toes. On the older designs it was a lot more covered, with the new one is mainly mesh. Now the old shoes were far from waterproof (all shoes have a big hole at the top for your foot to go in anyway), so I see the new one meaning you will get wet feet (always waterproof socks if you are that precious about this sort of thing). Hopefully it will mean that they dry even faster.

As for fit, I do find these narrower fitting than Five Tens, but they are comfortable and the snug feeling always made my feet feel more protected (not not too snug to cause any rubbing or discomfort).

Here are a few pics comparing the two shoes.

^ Old design Adidas Terrex Cross.

^ Old shoe on top, shows the wear to the sole after just over a year of use.

^ Stealth rubber with plenty of walking grip (something the Five Tens really are missing). Still really good grip on the pedal.

^ These are great! Lace Bungees keep your laces neat and stop them getting caught in things.

Northwind

How do you find the feel of the soul, compared to the VXIs? Have you used older Impacts or Freeriders to compare? I got some Impact VXIs and hated the lack of feel in the sole, so I’m just a bit concerned these might be more of the same. Love my Freeriders though.

danposs86

Feel is fine, but only had the VXIs. Can feel what the bike is like under my feet, use my feet to control the rear on muddy/loose sections.

Kamakazie

Hmmm kinda wish I’d got the blue version just for a splash of colour!

singletracksurfer

Bugger just seen this (and need to replace my 5.10’s), but none of the codes work – anyone have a new one that does?

Thanks.

danposs86

Think you can still get 15% off by signing up to their newsletter.

http://www.adidasspecialtysports.co.uk/ -> scroll to the bottom

davosaurusrex

Well I ordered the 47s which were a good bit too big so sent them back and ordered the 46s which turned up yesterday. And are of course a bit too small. Why on earth I didn’t order the 46.5s as well seeing as the returns are free and couldn’t be easier I don’t know. What a muppet.

dlr

12.5s way too small for me so sending back. Not sure what to try now after the latest 510’s I bought were smaller than previous ones. Have to try the specialized flats I guess as they sell them in “larger” sizes

gonzy
    Free Member

mine arrived at the office on tuesday while i was on a training course…on trying them on they feel quite comfortable and very grippy.
    i ordered a size 8 and they have enough space for my thicker riding socks which is good.
    as for durability…we shall have to see but i’m hoping they last me a while…but i suspect that they will last nowhere near as long as my old shimano dx shoes…which i’ve been abusing for over 10 years but still somehow look like new…i hope i’m proven wrong

MSP

12.5s way too small for me so sending back. Not sure what to try now after the latest 510’s I bought were smaller than previous ones. Have to try the specialized flats I guess as they sell them in “larger” sizes

I have ordered some 14.5’s and 13.5’s to try on. I don’t think anyone else is making proper flat pedal shoes that large. I can just about get away with a 13 in five ten sam hill if the ride doesn’t involve too much pedalling (pedalling seems to force my toes into the front a bit more).

dlr

MSP presume you mean the Specialized ones as the Adidas are only showing up to 12.5? Will be interesting to hear how you get on. I have been ok with size 13 (iirc) 510 low impacts the last 2 times but as I mentioned I think on page one, I bought another new pair and they were narrower, 5mm, enough to make them too small 🙁 Think I could probably have done with slightly larger anyway as I always end up with recessed bits where the ends of my toes are which then raise the sole up by the base of them causing pain hence only getting 18-24 months out of them despite nothing else being wrong with the shoe. There must be some other riders out there with large feet who don’t insist on being clipped in 🙁

danposs86

dlr – Message Adidas, they are pretty good at finding stock if it’s not listed on the site.

http://www.adidas.co.uk/terrex-trail-cross-sl-shoes/AF5967.html

The size chart does go up higher than 12.5

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘PSA 25%off at Adidas today #flat shoes’ is closed to new replies.