• This topic has 151 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cb.
Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • PSA. 20% of everything on ebay, paying through paypal. Until midnight.
  • bigjim

boom xperia z1 compact for £160

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Lovely. Thanks OP….

£250’s worth of stuff that had been sitting in my watch list to buy at some point.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

“There is no balance left on this redemption code”

arcadian
    Free Member

I just went to use it – worked fine on the ebay page but on paypal it gives an error code (regarding the discount code) and goes to charge me the full amount 🙁

nickjb
    Free Member

Same error as earlier. Looks like it has broken again.

spacemonkey

Excellent PSA, good work chap.

Voucher correctly applies the 20% discount when buying via Purchase History, but I’d like to buy some more Buy It Now stuff through my basket and take a advantage of more savings … but I don’t see a voucher entry box in My Basket. Is there one somewhere?

Cheers

EDIT: yes, just click Proceed to Checkout

However, the voucher now displays “There is no balance left on this redemption code” and it seems to be disconnecting my PP account. Lots of reports on this already. Hoping eBay will honour the 20% off post-purchase.

andy4d

Many thanks op. Had trouble earlier but it just worked there so treated myself to some new merrells, just need to hide them from the wife until payday.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Hit checkout?

I bought £250 worth of iphone screens. I need to get out more.

spacemonkey

Their live chat currently has a 21 min wait. FFS.

EDIT: 2 mins have passed and the wait is now 23 mins. Ggghrhrhhh.

granny_ring

Just got this too, If I proceed with the purchase will I get the 20% refunded later on?

postierich
    Free Member

£26 off some shimano MT91 goretex hiking/biking boots £104 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Just got this too, If I proceed with the purchase will I get the 20% refunded later on?

Rumour has it that you will, but you have to contact ebay.

My dropper is being posted, glad I didn’t hesitate too long!

spacemonkey

To those seeing the “… no balance …” error, have you already entered the code earlier in the day but chosen not to proceed with the order? Just wondering if there’s a bug “processing” the voucher even when not continuing with the purchase, hence “no balance remaining”.

spacemonkey

but you have to contact ebay.

Not gonna happen now though, as their tel cuts off at 10pm and the live chat is actually adding minutes to wait.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Notice on their website says the offer is now suspended and cannot be used.

spacemonkey

Not seeing the message from my machine (or phone).

spacemonkey

Just completed a live chat session. Just ignore the minutes and wait for the queue to hit 0. CS person has my transaction IDs and says the discount will be applied within 14 days (as they’re having loads of these problems).

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Weird and annoyingly! I purchased one item and it worked, the second one hasn’t! showing as full price in my Pay pal I have tried to cancel it but we shall wait and see. Not the end of the world but annoying as the 20% off code would be totes amaze 😉

Sidney
    Free Member

Thanks to the original poster for the PSA – ordered a new lens for my camera and got £50 off. I had also recently converted some nectar points into a £25 ebay voucher so used that as well!

Hope the wife doesn’t find out…..

Sid

Clobber
    Free Member

Arrrghh ebay chat are asking for a link from an email, anyone help me out here?

DezB
    Free Member

just tell em you got it off social media, like 99% of other buyers! What do they think: people are going to keep discount codes secret??!

Clobber
    Free Member

They are saying I can’t have it as I can’t prove that I got an email

bigjim

They’ll know who had the code and who didn’t, as they sent out the code by email to specific members themselves in the first place. I wonder if that is why it worked for me when it wasn’t working for most people.

I am amazed at all the people on huk getting in a froth because they were unable to use a discount code they weren’t offered by ebay or entitled to use, especially as half of them seem to have bought something they don’t really need just because there was %20 off, sums up rampant 21st century consumerism really.

Tracey

I got the code via email but it didn’t work on purchase, will wait and see if they refund my 20% as promised. Just need our camper delivering now, 3 month delay, so that we can fit the cameras.

ads678

Yep I got the email but couldn’t use the code either. Didn’t end up buying anything in the end although I wanted a new pair of mtb shoes, a basketball hoop and a dishwasher!!!!

Bedds
    Free Member

I went ahead and bought some new Gore shorts I’ve been eyeing up for a while, I had the error message but was committed by the time I saw it. Just got off the phone to ebay, I’ll get the discount refunded to my paypal account in the next 2 weeks, I’m happy with that, it’s pretty much meant I get a pair of shorts £40 cheaper than retail 🙂

rockhopper70

Called tonight by eBay, the 20% refund is to be processed.

Phew….

mark d
    Free Member

Saw the PSA so got straight on and bought the guitar I’ve been longing for. Clicked purchase then said voucher code expired. Contacting seller to hopefully cancel purchase. Could only use code once purchase clicked.
    Could’ve got away with it if I had a discount to show, now she will be on my case all day……….
    If it ever gets out I tried to buy another guitar….

WillH

Worked for me. I’m not even in the UK, but my ebay and paypal accounts are from when I used to live there. I didn’t get an email, just saw the PSA on here. Put the code in at checkout, it applied a discount, payment went through although there was a weird message after confirming through paypal (when I’d normally expect a page that says transaction completed or similar). Something about transaction not confirmed, please check your account later.

My bank account has been debited for the correct (discounted) amount though.

cb

Resurrect time!

Have people received their refunds to their paypal accounts? If so, did you get two payments like I did?

No doubt they will claim it back at some point but wondering whether everybody got double refunds?

spawnofyorkshire

I just got the one refund, but my code worked at the time anyway

cb

So effectively you got ‘double discount’? Maybe they are doing this deliberately as an apology? Bit like the free Oakleys some years back. Maybe I’ll spend the other cash as well then!

Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘PSA. 20% of everything on ebay, paying through paypal. Until midnight.’ is closed to new replies.