• This topic has 151 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cb.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • PSA. 20% of everything on ebay, paying through paypal. Until midnight.
  • uwe-r
    Free Member

Thanks for the above, I had left the ‘confirm your payment’ tab open and although there is nothing on that window that suggests you can walk away having hit ‘buy it now’ you can just navigate away.

I would imagine a significant number of people had just carried on anyway and bought stuff at full value today having hit buy it now on the understanding they were getting 20% off! Piss poor from Ebay!

cp

he problem with it is you had to commit to buy before you were told the code didn’t work!!!!

no you didn’t, just enter the code before checkout

DrP

£250 shoes?

Could be 1 pair of £250 shoes… or 250 pairs of £1 shoes….
    😉

DrP

(Bender/hooker-bot reference there, for those in the know!)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with £250 shoes, I’ve got a pair of trainers listed for a similar amount

MrSmith
    Free Member

something very wrong with a pair of sweatshop plastic trainers 😉
    nothing wrong with a pair of Northampton made Trickers boots i expect to get years out of.

sv

I’m 476th in the complaint queue… (code didnt work but paypal went through ok).

Edit: 67mins wait time (estimated!)

cb

376 in the queue!!

nedrapier

Motorbike seat back on the shelf. Nuts. I’ll probably get it anyway.

Mr_C
    Free Member

I would imagine a significant number of people had just carried on anyway and bought stuff at full value today having hit buy it now on the understanding they were getting 20% off! Piss poor from Ebay!

If, after putting in the code, you get a message (in red) at the top of the page saying ‘The redemption code can’t be used for your purchase’, why would people carry on, thinking they were still getting 20% off. Ebay have made a mistake in releasing a discount code which anyone can use and not putting in the T&Cs that it is a limited offer. I wouldn’t say it’s piss poor, as at all stages you are told what is happening and don’t have to continue unless you want to.

I’m not sure if I’ve missed out on saving £50 or been saved from buying another camera I don’t really need.

Tracey

From the phone call I have just had it seems that I may be getting 20% back at some point between now and mid July as a token of good will.

Will have to wait and see

sv

Jumped the queue somehow:

We have received similar reports from other members and this was escalated to our promotions team. To make this right for the members who are affected by the issue, we will offer to reimburse to your PayPal account directly with the discount amount for the completed transactions.

sv

It was a single use per paypal account though.

frogstomp

I don’t think the warning was displayed on the (Android) app.. I certainly didn’t see it!

cb

Tracey – what number did you use please? Damned if I can find the right number.

Tracey

There were three options email, phone call and live chat. Live chat was 560 and 97 mins so clicked on them to call me and it took 2 mins to call me and 30 secs to get to the right person.

rockhopper70

that’s a lesson learnt then…
    i dont think I’ll risk the refund being honoured.

balls.

bigjim

poo, so hotukdeals ruined it for those of us that did actually get the email?

rockhopper70

im waiting for a callback, 28 minutes time.

scrumfled
    Free Member

I had the code legitimately. ebay help just confirmed;

We are aware that there was an issue with the voucher that prevented it from being applied and we are currently investigating this. We will be looking into a way to ensure that members like you still get the benefit from the voucher.

For the meantime, you can make payment in full and we will reimburse your PayPal account with the discount amount for the completed transactions. Please note that it will take up to 14 days to see this reimbursement in your PayPal account.”

You just have to open a dialogue with them, detailing the items you purchased and a few other details.

I suspect if you werent on the list to get the code originally, you’re at the mercy of ebay. better hope their PR face wins over their accountants.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

poo, so hotukdeals ruined it

Not unusual

toppers3933
    Free Member

i had the email and was going to buy something tonight. so, to risk it or not?

rockhopper70

theyve just told me to proceed as normal, and they will call be back tomorrow (my choice of time) and process the 20% refund.
    It needs to go through as one transaction though, so add the various bits to your basket and then pay for them in one go.

bigjim

risk it or not?

general consensus from the hotukdeals thread is if you received the email with the code you can get the money refunded, if not then best of luck to you.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Who actually got an email here? All my eBay stuff goes to a folder in god knows what account

hora
    Free Member

If they’ve emailed you/or chat dialogue and agreed I think you’ll get the money too.

bigjim

yep I got the email

scaredypants

I can’t think of anything I want 🙁 😳

cb

Well, I got the refund as well. Finally got a call back and they documented everything for a purchase made earlier. I got the official voucher email but they didn’t ask about that. All handled pretty well with politeness and apology etc.

tod456
    Free Member

just worked for me 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

She’s back

vinnyeh

Lovely, thanks to the OP. Just bought a cheap CCDB Air.

skaifan
    Free Member

Seems to be fixed now. Just worked for me.

Carbone
    Free Member

Cheers , just myself a garmin vivioactive saved £34 , code worked straight away

mashiehood
    Free Member

brill – needed some mid century armchairs and an old Royal Mail post box. Used two PP accounts and saved 100 quid – thanks OP.

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

yup, just got 20% off a merino base layer – all good!

bearnecessities

Just got a top peak medium saddlebag & some bolle silium smoke for £17 delivered.

Brilliant stuff, thanks OP 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yess! Cheers rockhopper70 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

May as well wade in and order stuff i sort of needed anyway..

2 large bags of dog food
    10 galvanised post holders
    2 x pairs kids wetsuit boots
    5 x banana boat suncream
    1 x pair of wind deflectors for the T5
    a cheap J&L Ti seatpost for little old me

Cheers OP saved fifty quid.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

working again, just got a Novatec 772 rear hub for ~50 quid (sadly no matching 771 fronts in stock 😕 )

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘PSA. 20% of everything on ebay, paying through paypal. Until midnight.’ is closed to new replies.