Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • PSA: 1/4 inch drive socket set £10.62 Halfords
  • swdan
    Free Member

Just had a call this morning to say that my local store, who were showing as having the sockets available last night don’t actually have them and can’t get them in. Apparently another slightly less local store has some but I need to cancel my order and reorder them. Fingers crossed. Spanners all good though (does mean going to two halfords in one weekend though!)

wwaswas

call from my local Halfords – none in stock.

They’ve had ‘dozens of orders overnight’ and the stock check system can’t cope. Basically working through the orders in, errm, order.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nearest one to me is stafford and it’s just not worth the trip 😥

LittleNose
    Free Member

socket set ordered – cheers OP

wilburt
    Free Member

I got the socket set locally but the spanners are 20 miles away. Fortunately I need to go that way anyhow so no problem.

Kamakazie

Great PSA.
    Ordered the 1/2″ drive 55pc socket set & 10pc spanner set for £43.

I was going to get a Bahco S400 set but I can’t really justify the extra £32 for an occasional use item.

russyh
    Free Member

I am waitI guess for mine to be delivered to my local store for Tuesday collection! Can’t see them coming tonne honest

PJ266
    Free Member

Picked mine up this morning, 10.62, what a bargain. Thanks.

spacemonkey

Just treated myself to the 1/2″ 55 piece set as well. Again, not sure what I need them for but at that price I’ll find something!

spacemonkey

BTW I picked up the £299 Pro tool chest combo on their previous offer a few weeks ago. Chap allowed me to inspect in-store to ensure nothing was dinged etc. All perfect. Very happy with the quality.

andy4d

Collect this morning, BC discount applied so only £9.56…..bargain. 😀

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Hmmm, not bad at that price, but quite limited in use….especially for bikes.

Spend an extra £10 and get something far more practical:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/tools/car-mechanic-tools/socketry/socket-sets/?529770361&0&t5_329

mechanicaldope

Just got a call from the store; apparently they are out of stock and cant source any more 🙁

Kamakazie

If you want a good 1/4″ for bikes I’d suggest the Bahco S26 which can be had for as little as £15.

Well made & very compact – Would happily take it in my pack.

benp1

that S26 set is quite interesting, but you really put that in your pack? Seems quite heavy for limited bike functionality

freeagent
    Free Member

Just collected my 1/4″ drive set from the Basildon store.
    Cheaper than buying a replacement ratchet when my existing kit wears out/gets left somewhere.

benp1

Just picked my set up. Already have a big tool chest full of tools but it was too good value to miss. Good to have a set to lob in a tool bag if I need to go somewhere to do a few bits

Most of my stuff is facom, the halfords kit seems pretty good

And somehow my 10% discount on £10.62 ended up as £9. That is a proper bargain!

spacemonkey

Just picked up both of my sets. One member of staff quibbled me using my BC card on already discount items so I said “It’s usable on ALL purchases and has always been applied in the past.” Job done.

Rich_s

Got mine! Pile of them under the counter ready for collection. Thanks OP.

plop_pants
    Free Member

ordered two sets but only got one as they wanted to share the five sets they had out fairly which was fine with me especially as they let me have an 18 piece 3/8″ set for the same price so I now have a better range of sizes! Great psa thank op.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Got me spanners, and BC discount worked, taking them under the £4 mark. Sockets should be arriving at another store on Tuesday; hold out less hope for them, but fingers crossed!

beefheart
    Free Member

Picked up a 1/4″ set and 1/2″ set today, cheers OP.
    Good timing as my 20 year old socket wrench was starting to fail.
    Really impressed with the Halfords stuff.

Alex

I couldn’t find a socket set locally. Instead I bough the tool chest at half price! It’s not the post auto-close one, but it was £125 and I’ve been looking for one for a while. Quality is good for the price, had to grease all the runners but it’s working very nicely now. And it swallowed a lot of stuff

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XpAknc]ShedofDreams had a tool chest upgrade[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

I love my workshop 🙂

DiscJockey
    Free Member

andy4d

Oooh…very nice man cave Alex

superstu
    Free Member

And somehow my 10% discount on £10.62 ended up as £9. That is a proper bargain!

Same here

Alex

Oooh…very nice man cave Alex

it’s taken a while. There’s the same amount of room the other side of the wall which used to be my home office. Don’t use it any more so considering expanding into there. It’s that or dig down and make a bat cave 🙂

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

don’t forget topcashback for another 3%

just ordered the 1/2 set for 38quid, figured for that cash it was better to have a nice set in a case than chasing loose sockets when i’m working on my vw.

bit gutted i cant get any of the 5quid spanners though, nearest store to me is 200 miles away.

Poopscoop

nice find OP.

I got 3 different kits at a fantastic price after a psa on here many months back.

I’m not a tool snob and I find the Halfords tools to be great for bike use and even some occasional car fettling!

ninfan
    Free Member

Picked mine up this morning. Great kit to supplement the tool box

superjohn71
    Free Member

Socket set came early, store rang me this morning and I went to collect it, £9.40 something with BC discount. Happy days.

Kamakazie

No I don’t, it was more of an illustration as to how compact it is.
    It’s really not that heavy but definitely more so than a trail tool.

Junkyard
    Free Member

got my two sets as well cheers OP

Nice little set and looks quality

milky1980
    Free Member

Just picked mine up, the guy on the till was a little bit bemused at the price 😆

I’ve already got the smaller version of this set but the price of a second ratchet (can be handy for undoing bolts), the deep reach sockets and the longer extender bar mean this is still a complete bargain. Cheers OP.

dmck16
    Free Member

Initial order confirmation stated the set would be ready for collection this Tuesday coming, but the branch have just called to say it’s ready now.

Happy days – wasn’t holding much hope given some experiences shared above.

Cheers OP, great PSA.

andybrad

i cant see the 1/4″ set?

windydave13
    Free Member

Just collected mine now. With all the stacked discounts mine came in at £8.60

DrP

Did click and collect for the Hove store… only to be told they had none on arrival.
    A little bit bemused, I sugegsted they did the 36 piece set for the same price, as the online stock system said they had lodas..

So i got the £60 set for just over a tenner!

DrP

wwaswas

You cheeky git DrP – I saw they had loads of the bigger set in but didn’t have the cheek to ask so walked out with just the spanners!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 1/4 inch drive socket set £10.62 Halfords’ is closed to new replies.