• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by 10.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PS4/XBox One – worth it?
  • TheFlyingOx

I’ve got a PS3, and use it semi-regularly but I’m not a “must play every day” type person. I’ve enjoyed the likes of COD: Modern Warfare series, Gran Turismo, Valkyria Chronicles, DiRT, Borderlands, and obviously Final Fantasy 7 (mine’s an OOOOooooooold PS3 that plays PS1/PS2 games). Any reason to choose one over the other?

Alternatively, say you’d had a minor lottery win (couple of hundred quid) and your partner insisted you spend the majority of it on yourself, what would you get?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Honestly, it comes down to 2 things.

1. Do you play online. With friends? If so, what do they have.

2. Platform exclusives. I have a PS4 for the likes of Last of Us remaster, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4….not just for that, but it pushed me in that direction. If you’re a FF fan, then obviously you’ll be interested in FF VII remake being a PS4 exclusive initially.

There are good deals to be had on both at the moment, so price wise it is much of a muchness. Xbox might be a bit cheaper, as MS are trying to be a bit more aggressive. As whichever way you slice it, the PS4 has sold better.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Rainbow 6 siege* is great, and available on any platform. xbox has the most comfy controller.

*i before e except after c my arse!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Went for the PS4 because of bit more oomph on the engine spec.

Now wish I went for the Xbox so I could play my play my older games without paying more money to Sony.

Sony treat their customers like puke. And want you to pay for your old games again.

Wifi in my area is rabid. I would love a 5ghz console for minimal interference during remote play in another room, Sony are stuck on 2.4 ghz while Xbox can do 5ghz.

The game licence is cheaper on Microsoft but the prices are too far apart for PS4 as Sony charge more.

I’ve played Xbox and PS4 and there is very little difference but I do like the extra 1080 scenes on PS4 with a big screen.

Would I sell my PS4 for Xbox, no but I would buy a Xbox first to overcome wifi and play my old discs.

Cougar

1. Do you play online. With friends? If so, what do they have.

This is the big one for me, it’s why I’m treating us to a One at Chrimble.

Beyond that there’s not a huge amount in it.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The game licence is cheaper on Microsoft but the prices are too far apart for PS4 as Sony charge more.

Eh?

Drac

First yes is what do your friends use but the correct answer is PS4 it’s starting to show the edge now on the Xbox One.

Cougar

[citation needed]

marko75
    Free Member

Rainbow 6 siege* is great, and available on any platform. xbox has the most comfy controller.

Is there a STW team? iconmakie if you want to have others to talk to instead of 8 year olds!

MrNutt
    Free Member

marko75 I’m unusual sounds

xbox has the most comfy controller

I’m not a big gamer, but I like to play FIFA and COD since they seem to be much the same on each platform the xbone controller shape made the difference. Since most of my friends are split between both it didn’t matter on that score.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PS4/XBox One – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.