Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PS4 or XBox 1?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Just wondering…

jon1973
    Free Member

Buy the same one your chums at school have.

Drac

PS4

Which ones do your friends have? If they have a Xbox one tell them they got the wrong one.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Buy the same one your chums at school have.

Well some of the posher brainier kids had ZX80’s….

jon1973
    Free Member

Just make sure you finish your Latin prep before you start playing games.

Drac

Cum eius animum sibi

Caher

Get a souped up PC.

jon1973
    Free Member

Romanes eunt domus

samuri
    Free Member

I have no experience of the XBOX One and Drac tells me it’s worse, which defies belief but I have a PS4 and it’s been rather a disappointment. The only really good games are remasters of good games you can buy for £5 for the PS3. All the original games are at best, dire. Destiny was voted the best PS4 game of 2014 which considering it’s a total load of crap tells you all you need to know.

The only half decent games I’ve played are Wolfenstein and oh, that’s it. And that’s not next gen console great or anything, it’s just a good laugh for a bit.

Jamie told me shadow of mordor was pretty good and I’ve bought that but it’s still in the cellophane which tells you how enthusiastic I am about that.

I think they’re starting to produce some better original games now after 2 years on the market and I accept there’s a lead time but even so, it’s been a very meh experience so far.

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s not been out For 2 years has it?

I have to say, I think there is still plenty of milage left in my PS3. What it does, it does perfectly. Games are cheap (just got Battlefield 4 for £8). I’ve had mine for about 5 years now, never had any problems with it. I really can’t see myself upgrading any time soon.

deserter
    Free Member

We have both, prefer the ps4 but Xbox one seems to have more games

Rosss
    Free Member

Basically, they’re pretty much the same

samuri
    Free Member

A year and two months. Feels longer.

jon1973
    Free Member

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Samuri, thanks for your frank reply. You possibly just saved me a few hundred quid.

somouk
    Free Member

PS4 and factor in the playstation plus membership too.

Not sure on the comments about Destiny being rubbish, it’s a great game and is being developed constantly.

Drac

Not sure on the comments about Destiny being rubbish, it’s a great game and is being developed constantly.

It’s good but was over and done with within no time at all unless you like repeating missions.

The games have been slow in coming out but that’s always the case with the next gen consoles.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

PS4 and yes most of the games have been pretty pants thus far. My two favourite ones so far have been Shadow of Mordor (very surprised how much I enjoyed it) and Metro Redux (yes was on PS3 originally, but I didn’t play it then).

Destiny is over hyped garbage, way to much boring repetitive missions and IMO a Halo wannabe I’m afraid.

Just started playing the Crew (reminiscent of the Need for Speed original Xbox games) it’s ok and I’ll give the new Dragon Age another go since I’m off work for a couple of weeks as I was struggling to get in to it after having played so much Skyrim.

noltae
    Free Member

PS4 won’t have Gears of War 4..

soulbrother99
    Free Member

PC all the way 🙂

winrya
    Free Member

I had a Ps4 from launch and purchased an Xbox one for forza horizon 2 around October time. The ps4 never gets used and after believing and saying it’s all about the ps4, I now love the Xbox and never use the ps4.

Mostly it’s becuase of better games, forza horizon 2 is very special, the halo collection is brilliant and I got gta 5 because all my mates moved to xbones so play online with them.

The ps4 makes a hell of a lot of noise and the Xbox is silent.

The ps4 controller needs charging all the time, batteries although a consumable last a good 25hrs in the Xbox.

Xbox streams every file type from my wd network hard drive, the ps4 cannot (ps3 could)

I really want to get rid of the PS4 but uncharted is one of my favourite games on the PS3 and it does looks special on the ps4

Drac

The ps4 makes a hell of a lot of noise and the Xbox is silent.

Some noise yes but I only here it when not gaming or watching something on it.

The ps4 controller needs charging all the time,

I get loads of play out of mine, it’s currently down 1 bar from playing yesterday for abut 4 hours and this afternoon maybe about 3 hours.

markrtw
    Free Member

I was given an xbone & 9 games & all the accessories. I found it a most underwhelming thing. Depends what you like. Mine was used a couple of times and now lives in the loft awaiting a time when a game I find worth playing arrives. Others may love it though! The PS3 however still sits in the living room…
    I’m not much of a gamer, hate sports games (like FIFA), I found Forza rather soulless and don’t care a lot for shoot em ups (btw, I was given the Halo collection and looking at footage on YouTube to see what its about it just appears that you wonder around incessantly shooting stuff – is that all there is to it?). I like games such as Batman (Arkham Asylum) and the Drake’s fortune series. On the xbone the only game I like the look of is GTA5 and I already have in on the PS3.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PS4 or XBox 1?’ is closed to new replies.