Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • PS4 games that don't rely on madskillz and milisecond twitch muscle response:-)
  • big_scot_nanny

I’ma veteran FPS player from days of yore, but on a PC (doom, quake, first Dues Ex and most recently Bioshock infinite.

However having just got a PS4 for the kids (ahem!), I am crap at battlefront and crap at drive club! Any games that are fabulous fun, tell a great story, but don’t expose my old man/mouse&keyboard heritage?

Just got ‘Everyone’s gone to the Rapture’, but other recco’s appareciated.

Kev

daftvader
    Free Member

I’m playing the last of us atm.. Don’t need mad skilz, tis a good game, the Nathan drake omnibus is also good….

Daffy

Fallout 4

perchypanther
    Free Member

Can you play PS3 games on the PS4?

If so, then get X-Com.
    The boring world of turn based strategy has never been so much fun. Thoroughly recommended.

daftvader
    Free Member

None of the new machines are backwards compatible… Sadly

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If you like puzzle games then The Witness seems to be getting very good reviews

Drac

Dying Light, Fall Out 4 oh and while I’m here The Dividion Open Beta is ready to roll out.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/beta/index.aspx

cranberry
    Free Member

Fallout 4 – no mad skillz needed, but you might lose a few days of your life to it without noticing.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Fallout 4 would be ideal I think. It’s really really easy but still fun. Even though it is really about collecting duct tape and screws.

Maybe it’s harder if you don’t collect junk and use it to upgrade everything.

Stoner
    Free Member

The only game I wanted to play on my bro’s PS4 was Journey.

Its sublime to play, but not difficult, not deep and wide, not long, and not FPS. So really it’s a bit expensive for a 2hr diversion. But if you get a chance I recommend giving it a moment of your time.

The rest of the time I just watch my brother getting fragged by grommets within 1/4 a second of spawning in GTA. Can’t see the attraction myself.

beanum

Hohokum is cool. It’s not really a game, more of a chillout experience…

Hohokum

Daffy

Even though it is really about collecting duct tape and screws.

and aluminium…

DaRC_L

Destiny – only needs mad twitch skills on PvP in the evening when the pro’s are out & about
    Wolfenstein
    The Witcher 3
    Elder Scrolls On-line (I know the haters are out there but I still keep going back for the PvE)

hammyuk
    Free Member

Could always get one of these?

doris
    Free Member

i wouldnt play with the kids unless they are older?

but try this

until dawn

i might be biased as i worked on it for blooming ages!!

somouk
    Free Member

Destiny is a good shout, when you’re doing missions and exploring there isn’t a need for mad skills.

I find battlefield is also better than COD for a slower pace of game.

simon_g

Rocket League. It still relies on that stuff but you’ll still have fun trying regardless.

PJM1974
    Free Member

+1 for Fallout 4. I have it on my PC, indeed it’s all I’ve played since Boxing Day.

A masterpiece.

ebennett

I really enjoyed Far Cry 4, you can play however works for you, i.e. run n gun or sneaky sneaky. It’s also stupid amounts of silly fun, things like trying to sneak up on an outpost only for the alarm to get raised because you got attacked by a random honey badger, then having to ditch the stealth plan and go head on by jumping on an elephant and charging at them!

makkag
    Free Member

Starwars Battlefronts good for a pick up and play blast you will still get killed loads but so does everyone else + its Well star Wars

Stick with BF4 on the smaller maps with less players to start off with !

Drac

Oh look the old play outside post.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Or you could stop posting?

Other people shitposting aside, I just played Firewatch which I cannot work out if it was good or not. The ending really splits opinion. But up to that point it’s very intriguing. Only 4-5hrs long, so at £15, it maybe one to keep an eye on in case it hits the sales. In hindsight, I really failed to sell it to you.

Other than that, get the Uncharted Trilogy. 3 games for the price of £25-ish, and will get you up to speed for when UC4 comes out. It’s really not that challenging, so you won’t be getting pwnd like a n00b.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oh look the old play outside post.

Playing outside?

Finished it mate 🙂

DaRC_L

If you like an easier racing game then I enjoyed
    The Crew – have ignored all the PVP; just did the storyline, cruising for hidden car bits and just driving around the U.S.
    🙂 I managed to revisit places such as Padre Is. where no.1 Son was made

somouk
    Free Member

Rocket League.

Love that game, got it when it was free but they’re charging for it now 🙁

hammyuk
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – Member

Or you could stop posting?[/quote]

Ooooo did someone upset the Nerd?
    Do Game require you you trade your sense of humour for the latest release now? 🙄

DaRC_L

Oi hammyuk shouldn’t you be reviving this 😀
    “Watching your new topic fall away due to inactivity”
    it’s off the first page. You haven’t got time for gamerbaiting

hammyuk
    Free Member

Half way down…. where’s the fun in that :mrgreen:

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Do Game require you you trade your sense of humour for the latest release now?

Oh, that was humour? My humble apologies. As you were.

big_scot_nanny

Oi! Petty bickering people – stop ruining my nice post please 🙂

Thanks folks – lots to check out there.

The crew, fall out 4, destiny all look good. Journey I think has been posted about on here before, looks fascinating.

Thanks all!

martinhutch

Assassins creed syndicate is easy and great fun. Really good looking as well

hammerite
    Free Member

I play on Jnr’s very rarely. But when I do it is FIFA, John Madden and Sniper Elite. If you like shooting games it requires you to remain calm and take your time over a shot than CoD, I can’t twitch a bum cheek playing CoD without getting shot.

akira

Star Wars battlefront worth it for the flying battles, love being an X wing and shooting stuff.

Flaperon

Unravel?

leythervegas
    Free Member

Any assassins creed game. My kids run rings round me on every game but these are superb, they require a bit of patience and stealth. Really great games.

Cougar

Any assassins creed game

Not any, there’s some weak titles. I’d suggest Syndicate, it’s the newest and fixed a lot of problems with the earlier titles.

Also in the third-person world, the rebooted Tomb Raider is a stand-out title for me. Lots of fun, plenty of action, a little puzzley, but doesn’t require the reactions of a Red Bulled 14 year old. And forgiving enough to go “try that again” if you sod it up. Coming from the ‘veteran FPS’ world I reckon it’d be right up your street.

tomhoward

I really like project cars, a bit more grown up than drive club, with a few more classic cars (rs500 cozzeh for one). Looks great and the engines sound absolutely savage!

itsmygame
    Free Member

I used to love cod and games like that but unfortunately old age has caught up with me a I can’t see in time before some 10yr old picks me off. Plus now 1st person views make me feel ill. I’m on a proper downward spiral lol.

captaindanger

Batman arkham knight and the last of us are both fine for button bashers like me. I really enjoyed last of us.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘PS4 games that don't rely on madskillz and milisecond twitch muscle response:-)’ is closed to new replies.