Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • ps4 games for a old fart.
  • donkeydave

Hi any good games for someone who struggles with all the new games 😳
    Cannot seem to get the hang of looking and walking about without looking at the floor or ceiling and makes me feel sick lol, not sure if its just me!.
    So whats out there?.

Used to love my zx spectrum! and ps1 but struggling to get into anything.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Sounds like you may just need to be gentler with the analogue sticks on the controller.

Although, I can’t see how you were ok with PS1 games, but not PS4. Same foundations, but snazzier decorating.

ski
    Free Member

If you had gran turismo for the ps1 you will not be disappointed with the latest version

Also check out the latest GTA it’s a hugely entertaining game.

Cougar

Third person games then? Tomb Raider?

Cougar

Ooh, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

He said good games, Cougar.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I really enjoyed unmechanical when it was the monthly free game, a gentle sidescrolling puzzler. It was actually one of the very few psn games ive enjoyed & played all the way through.

cranberry
    Free Member

Fallout 4 – it isn’t really a jumpy-shooty game. It is slower paced and involves much more exploration/completing quests/trading/building but is incredibly open-ended.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/09/fallout-4-review

donkeydave

Just been playing on driveclub which I like, not a massive gamer just like to switch of every now and then.
    Just really struggle with all the new games for some reason, looking for something that is addictive.
    Oh and soon about to try the whole online thing with psn.

eskay

I think the new Lego star wars game is out, they are usually good and easy to play.

donkeydave

eskay thanks bet my kid would love that too!.

Keep the suggestions coming
    Thanks. 😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Give Journey a go. It’s on the PS Store.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKqeD7ojynw[/video]

I personally think you shouldn’t sell yourself short, and just keep at it. By getting the controls etc down of the newer games, you really are opening yourself up to some really wonderful experiences provided by the likes of The Last Of Us, Uncharted 4, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, MGS5 etc.

donkeydave

Thanks bongohoohaa, I probably should stick at it more and practice, I love the look of all the newer games and would love to be able to master them so perhaps more time and effort is needed on my part.

Lifer
    Free Member

You should be able to change the settings of the analog sticks, making them less sensitive and ‘snappy’

bentandbroken

I used to feel sick when playing FPS, but found that sitting further away from the screen helped. Now I’m better at them I can sit closer again

noltae
    Free Member

Most games can be put on an easy difficulty setting – and as for looking around whilst on the move – most games have a sensitivity setting for analogue sticks ..

Cougar

Incidentally,

If you’re constantly looking at the floor / ceiling, maybe you need to reverse the y-axis on the controller (enable / disable “inverted” to taste)?

flaps
    Free Member

Try Hard Rain? I’m late 30s and enjoyed that? Quite cheap too.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Portal?

titusrider
    Free Member

I’m loving dirt rally and that has the benefit of recollecting group b rallying for the older gent :p

You need to give it time though because, Jesus it’s hard!
    [video]https://youtu.be/gsLCPwYYwKg[/video]

hammerite
    Free Member

I quite liked Sniper Elite. It’s fairly slow compared to other shot em up style games.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Rocket League, addictive game, shows my poor reactions as I age ungracefully. 😆

donkeydave

Thanks for all the suggestions, will try the settings for controllers and also try some of the games suggested.

flaps
    Free Member

I think I might keep my eye out for a deal on that Dirt Rally, thanks. I used to love the WRC when they used proper cars and it was all about the Evo vs Impreza battles. It’s because of the WRC that I’ve had Imprezas for the last nine years.

chojin
    Free Member

Just playing Dirt Rally with a few mates in online leagues and it’s massively entertaining, if not a trifle difficult.

Get a steering wheel, it’s the only way to fly.

(drive).

samunkim
    Free Member

World of Tanks

Free to play and things happen a lot more slowly than an F1 Sim

Matt-P
    Free Member

Enjoying Witcher 3 here, you can always make the combat easier and the story is great

pocpoc
    Free Member

Anything from the Lego series is normally pretty good.
    I’m currently early days on Jurassic World on the PS3 (I only just got the console – I like to be able to buy cheap games!).
    Playing it 2 player with 6yo son and he loves it.
    I love it because it has the story line of both the original Jurassic Park and the new one.

Also got the demo of one of the Lego Avengers ones. Only one level but the boy loves it.

Rockape63
    Free Member

DD, I bought a PS3 about 8 years ago now for the blu ray player and as an excuse to get some games in, but like you, I was a PS controller inept! I got Fall Out 3 and it took me a week to get where anyone who knew what they were doing would have got in 30mins. However, I decided not to give up and after many many hours, I got to the end and was pleased I did.

Probably the driving games are the best to start with as they are easier to control.

mahalo

Unravel is amazing fun!

akira

DOOM! Old school run and shoot, gives me slight headache but good fun. No man’s sky looks interesting as well, out next month.

Cougar

Unravel is amazing fun!

I bought that the other day. It’s painfully pretty.

Cougar

Oh yeah, and,

Life Is Strange. If you can get past preconceptions it’s utterly compelling.

Ringo
    Free Member

Last of us and new uncharted.really good stories I appreciate that more now I’m older. There’s s reference to monkey island in uncharted as well.

donkeydave

Thanks for all the suggestions, loads to be going on with there.
    Have been playing driveclub and plants vs zombies with my little one and he keeps killing me!.
    More practice is needed and a few more games, liking the look of dirt rally, doom (worried I might struggle with controls), and nearly every other one that has been mentioned, thanks 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

I still think gaming is for kids ,do middle age men really play computer games ?

darrell
    Free Member

yes

donkeydave

yes not a lot but why not?

big_scot_nanny

As a fellow old man who asked this exact question a wee while ago, after being constantly whipped by 10yr old son at SW battlefront (after FPS on a PC, just can’t use a controller), I ended up with the following:

Everybodies Gone to the Rapture – just a wonderfully beautiful and interesting game, loved it, very emotional

Dirt Rally – just sublime, hard, but gloriously good fun. The real, tangible difference between hacking through nadgery muddy Welsh stages, bouncing off the snow in Sweden and then hammering at ludicrous speed through open Finnish stages is just wonderful

Journey – not started it yet but looking forward to it

Just IMHO, but if you like driving games in any way, get the new dirt rally, it’s really fab.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I still think gaming is for kids ,do middle age men really play computer games ?

No. It’s all a figment of your imagination.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘ps4 games for a old fart.’ is closed to new replies.