Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PS4 Games – Any hidden gems
  • dannybgoode

As per title-any recommendations for lesser known PS4 games.

My offerings-Valkyria Chronicles. Such a lovely game. Quirky, challenging and beautifully scripted WW11 RTS so utterly different to the norm. Fantastic artwork also.

Disgaea 5-Bonkers jSRPG. One to hurt your brain and surprisingly funny. Proper time sink so be warned!!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Until Dawn… hard to put in a category but basically it’s on the theme of friends in a remote holiday place overnight.
    Your actions and decisions have an impact on the group and as the title suggests the object is to get all 8 of them to see sunrise….
    that write up doesn’t do it justice though, it is a deep game

Jamie
    Free Member

Everyone’s Gone To Rapture.

I got this free via PS+, and really was expecting to hate it. But it was really nice to just stroll round a little village in England seeing a story unfolding. Maybe more experience than game, but I liked it.

Cougar

Life is Strange? Story-driven adventure akin to the Telltale Games series, superbly done and utterly compelling.

Probably my second favourite game on the 360, behind Red Dead Redemption, and almost no-one’s heard of it. Pretty sure it’s available for the PS4 too.

Jamie
    Free Member

I just downloaded the first episode of Life Is Strange, as it was a freebie. Just got The Last Guardian to barrel through, then going to give it a crack. Season pass (episodes 2-5) is reasonable at £13.99. Although annoyingly it was only a fiver or something a couple of weeks back in the sale.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

overcooked brilliant fun

Cougar

I just downloaded the first episode of Life Is Strange, as it was a freebie.

I’ll give you two tips.

1) Give it time, it’s a slow burn and not what it first appears.

2) Try to avoid spoilers on the Internet.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

so i won a ps4 in a raffle at my work last week, and haven’t had any consoles since the gamecube (and never been a sony/xbox owner). is it best to get a ps+ sub? i have no idea what’s good really! bought sw battlefront first, to get to grips with the whole thing…

yossarian
    Free Member

Far cry – primal. The tension of not being at the top of the food chain is palpable, especially when the sun sets on the Mesolithic valley you live in and you are far from your village and the fire.

bawbag
    Free Member

Inside is very good.

Jamie
    Free Member

so i won a ps4 in a raffle at my work last week, and haven’t had any consoles since the gamecube (and never been a sony/xbox owner). is it best to get a ps+ sub? i have no idea what’s good really! bought sw battlefront first, to get to grips with the whole thing…

Depends.

If you see yourself playing multiplayer games online then 100% get it. But even if not, like myself, you get free games every month, some good some bad, and you get discounts on the PS Store as well.

Edit: Just as an addendum, not all multiplayer gaming is Call Of Duty style games. You can partake in jolly cooperation in Dark Souls or Bloodborne games, you can do online heists in GTA V or play a rival team in FIFA etc.

chojin
    Free Member

Rocket League is a corker of a game.

TheFlyingOx

Rocket League +1, and it’s under a tenner on the PS Store at the moment.

Maybe not a hidden gem as such, but it’s received so much bad press from folk who saw the development spiel and decided it was going to be a completely different game to how it actually turned out, and as such people may be put of it: No Man’s Sky

I downloaded it on a whim (seeing as it was only £20) yesterday, let it do its update thing and then switched it on about 10pm to see what it was about. Next thing I know it’s 4am and the wife is asking why I haven’t come to bed yet. A gentle-bimbling-aroundy, shooty, collecty game that I really like.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PS4 Games – Any hidden gems’ is closed to new replies.