Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ps4 advice needed
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

I’m getting my son a ps4 for his birthday in a couple of weeks. I am getting a new 32″ telly to use it on and am wondering do I need a smart tv or will that be pointless with all the features on the PlayStation?

Also where can I get a cheap 2nd controller? I can only see the official ones and they are all around £40. Bit steep that as it won’t get used that much.

Cheers!

skids
    Free Member

no smart tv, controllers you can find in pawn shops but prices vary greatly

P-Jay
    Free Member

Smart TV would probably be a pointless expensive given what the PS4 can do – I used my PS3 to stream Netflix etc until the fan go so loud it was distracting.

Controllers might be tricky second-hand given its still a pretty new platform – IME PS4s are going for 80-90% of RRP on eBay so I’d guess the controllers are equally silly money second-hand.

alibongo001

Smart TV is pointless if you have a PS4 attached as others have said

You can connect to netflix / catchup services etc

One thing we just got that is useful is a Playstation TV – currently 1/2 price in most shops. It allows you to play your playstation on another tv in another room. So in your case you could get one for the lounge if the whole family wanted to play.

(needs a good wifi connection to work properly!)

leythervegas
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice.

The playstation tv sounds really good, I’ll look into that. I have heard chromecast is really good too but I’ve not yet looked into that either.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I end up turning all my smart TV functions off to reduce gaming lag.

Check your new tv’s response time.

You’ll want 35 ms or less.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ps4 advice needed’ is closed to new replies.