Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PS3/xbox Questions
  • eggshellblonde
    Free Member

Afternoon folks.
    I’ve been using xbox 360 for a few years now. Mine has expired and gone the way of all flesh. So considering the xbox live fees and the ever increasing DLC bullsh_t, i’m thinking about a ps3.
    I don’t need the very latest thing(ps4) just like a bit of online gaming.
    Any opinions on ps3? Is there as much emphasis on DLC? Game connectivity good? etc

Cheers.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Isn’t the DLC fairly similar for PS3? I just never bothered with it for xbox.

Infact, in the 2 years i’ve had my xbox its hardly ever been used! So i will let it go for the right price if you are interested 🙂 Its the 250Gb one.

banks
    Free Member

Tried PS3 for a bit, went back to Xbox – just works better, it’s not that much money a year.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Would you like to buy a PS3 that works fine apart from the blu-ray drive? All games can be downloaded.. it’ll be cheap 🙂

What’s DLC anyway?

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

Down Loadable Content = You’ve just bought the bloody game and they’re already trying to screw you for more money.

Not that i’m bitter or anything.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve never paid for anything after buying a game on PS3. There’s stuff like home screen themes and costumes for game characters you can buy, but who gives a crap about those?

Only ever downloaded updates.

DezB
    Free Member

Infact, in the 2 years i’ve had my xbox its hardly ever been used! So i will let it go for the right price if you are interested Its the 250Gb one

How much? I need a new one for my kid (email in profile if serious)

chojin
    Free Member

If its of any console-ation (!!), i’ve recently converted over to PS3 for the same reason – i’m a fairly casual user and don’t like Microsoft’s draconian Live policies.

It takes a little getting used to at first, but it’s great for casual gaming.

Creg

I’ve got both a 360 and a PS3 and have just moved to having the PS3 as my main console/dvd/bluray player with a new HDTV.

Biggest thing I have noticed so far is the PS3 seems to lack behind the 360 in certain areas graphically. One example is Borderlands 2. On the 360 it plays pretty smooth but on the PS3 when the action intensifies it drops the resolution to cope and everything becomes very pixelated (however my PS3 could just be knackered, its already overheating)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PS3/xbox Questions’ is closed to new replies.