• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PS3 or Xbox 360?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Thinking about a used one, don’t need the latest model so the above models are fine and cheapish used, won’t play multiplayer or online stuff. Just me and my 8yr old daughter and decent games.

Which is better?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

XBOX 360 gets more use in our house, PS3 has a Blueray drive though.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have had both, currently got the PS3, and they are both good.

Kinect, for the xbox, might appeal more to your kid.

PS3 has blu-ray, and you can easily upgrade the HD. So could get a 12GB slim cheap, then pop in an old SATA laptop HD if you need more space.

nemesis
    Free Member

My 6yo has a 360 (given to him by a family member who didn’t use it any more) and he really likes it. Negatives – it’s the old white model (20Gb) and overheated. Fixed with a £5 kit from amazon but a well known fault. Also the dvd drive is on all the time and fairly noisy so the 20gb hard drive is going to be replaced with a bigger one (about £20 for a 120Gb one) which allows games to be copied to the hard disk (current games are about 4 to 8 Gb each)

Haven’t tried the PS3 so can’t compare though.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Had both and liked both. The xbox is louder with it’s fan bit game loading time is quicker and I prefer the controller. Like the PS3 though because of it’s wireless capabilities but don’t like the controller or loading times.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

PS3 for the free online gaming, the bluray and 3D support.

Avoid Xbox 360 for the evil money grabbing ways of Microsoft. Do you know you need to put a Credit Card number in to get it working? Do you further know that they can still take money off that credit card even if it has expired under ‘continuous authority’?

I do now. The bastard box was within an inch of being thrown out of an upstairs window.

Drac

Supposedly game were selling he old fat style PS3 for £10 if you’re lucky you may find one.

I sold my 360 as it wasn’t getting used.

edlong
    Free Member

[sanctimony] 8 years old? Shouldn’t be indoors playing computer games – should be outside building dens and running round the woods, jumpers for goalposts..[/sanctimony]

..my 8 year old daughter says X-Box.

Cougar

ScottChegg >

won’t play multiplayer or online stuff.

… which the OP has no interest in.

Do you know you need to put a Credit Card number in to get it working?

If by “working” you mean “download stuff online” (you know, that thing the OP doesn’t want to do) then yes, you need a credit / debit card.

Jamie
    Free Member

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

Cougar

As for which is best, if you’re not using it online and aren’t interested in using it as a Blu-ray player then you could just flip a coin really.

The PS3 has marginally better hardware but they’re as close as makes no odds in practice. Both platforms have exclusive titles, so that may sway your decision. Also, do you have friends you can borrow games from

racefaceec90

i have a 360 and love it tbh (just met some great people online recently on it,enough for me to buy a headset 😀

edit the 360 controller is better by miles than the ps3 one also 😉 agree about having to pay for gold membership though 🙁

SprocketMan
    Free Member

Neither, Go ride your bike 😉

samuri
    Free Member

PS3 OWNERS SMELL OF WEE!!!

I had an XBOX360 and loved it. The only reason I went that way instead of PS3 is because of the Forza series which were way better than any driving games I’ve played on the PS3. Apart from that I reckon it makes no difference.

I’ve got a PS4 now. Which would be ace if it some games worth buying.

nickewen
    Free Member

360. Mate has an XBOX One but nee one else has bought one yet as too pricey. If you like racing games Forza 4, Forza Horizon and F1 2013 are exceptional.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

As for which is best, if you’re not using it online and aren’t interested in using it as a Blu-ray player then you could just flip a coin really.

The PS3 has marginally better hardware but they’re as close as makes no odds in practice. Both platforms have exclusive titles, so that may sway your decision. Also, do you have friends you can borrow games from

Depends what you mean by ‘better hardware’

In general, cross platform titles tended to run with slightly better performance on xbox 360 compared to PS3, so in that sense the 360 is the better hardware.

On the other hand the 360 had a crap-ton of reliability problems early on so in that sense the PS3 hardware was better.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Really like the games on the 360 and still play Black (shooting) from original xbox on it.

Have still: a psx, ps2, xbox360 and now a PS4.

Rather go for a run.

Anyway you will have access to loads of games.

Are you planning to subscribe psn or xbox live gold?

Exclusive games? Halo?

(I just love racing games/shooting and the xbox was the ticket.)

DezB
    Free Member

If you really don’t need to connect online (does limit some games, which require updates just to play the damn things!), then I’ve got an old Xbox 360 you can have for nothing.Price of postage? I got it off eBay a year or so ago and my son used it for a little while. Its banned from Xbox live which is why it can’t be connected online.
    Let me know if interested.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PS3 or Xbox 360?’ is closed to new replies.