Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PS3 not working
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

My lads ps3 has stopped working, its 2 years old so out of warranty.

It trys and starts up, fan kicks in then just switches off.

Anyone know where the best/most cost effective place to get one fixed in the NW (Bolton/Manchester)

Cheers.

theflatboy
    Free Member

might still have a chance with sony if it's that age under fit for purpose sold requirements of sale of goods act – would have reasonable grounds to argue that it should last longer than two years due to cost, etc. ring them and argue it on that basis, probably worth a go!

theflatboy
    Free Member

here you go, have a look at this:
    sale of goods act letter template

then get onto the retailer!

Pook

you'd expect when buying a PS3 it to last longer than 2 years. Luckily, the Sale of goods act is there to help!

Follow flatboys link and you're on to a winner.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, very goo info.

Not sure now where I stand as my lad as broke the foil security/warranty seal as he wanted to see inside if it was something simple !!!!! 😳

coffeeking
    Free Member

oops, fail. Security foil is all they need to wave the middle finger at you.

MrsToast
    Free Member

There's been a few instances of PS3s carking it around the 2 year mark – sometimes it's heralded by the "Yellow Light of Death" or an error code.

Although the rate of PS3s dying is a lot lower than 360s (thank god), Sony generally refuse to fix them for free, normally asking for £90 – £180 for repair costs.

If the seal's broken, you're probably screwed on the 'official' front, you'd be better off finding an independant company to have a look at it, not sure where would be best where you live.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PS3 not working’ is closed to new replies.