Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • ps3 minimum screen size
  • MarkyG82

Moving to a new place and short of space. Want/need a screen to use with my ps3 and laptop. Both hdmi. Want 1080p but not necessary. How small can I go without it looking rubbish?

Or, would it be worth getting a projector?

Laptop is 15″ widescreen and happy watching that at a few feet.

Cougar

Get a 15″ TV and watch it from a few feet? (-:

Srsly, ideal size depends on viewing distance. Here – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_HDTV_viewing_distance

jon1973
    Free Member

(serious question)

Why does a 15″ screen need to be 1080p ? Why does the resolution need to be so high for such a small screen?

MarkyG82

Jon – I’d probably be happy with standard def at that size. Would go nicely with the laptop as a dual screen aswel 🙂

Cougar – Some interesting stuff in there. Looks like 22″-32″ then. Will probably be at the foot of the bed so 6′ ish from my eyeballs. 😯

can anyone recommend a good tv at that sort of size or would I be ok with a supermarket HD ready job? Sound will be handled by my hifi so quality of the on board speakers isn’t important. Unless someone has something they want rid of? 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

What do you want? A telly or a monitor?

EDIT saw that.. telly.. right.. Supermarket ones work but aren’t as crisp as say £400 Sony or something. Take your pick. My foiks’ 28″ Sony is nice.

Cougar

Samsung / Toshiba / Panasonic are all well regarded around this ‘ere forum.

MarkyG82

So spending £400 on a ‘proper’ make instead of £300 on a supermarket thing would be a worthy investment? I’m not after anything special. Untill now I’ve use my PS3 with a 26″ crt 4:3 jvc thing. Not great.

Cougar

I think you’re vastly overestimating the price of a ‘proper’ TV at that size.

Eg,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-32BV502B-32-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B00778EOCI

32″ Tosh, £200. I’m looking at last year’s version of that very set right now.

Cougar

Richer have a 1080p Tosh.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv—all/toshiba/32bv701b/tosh-32bv701

Also £200 but “in-store only” so they’ve probably got about three of them nationwide. Same set is £240 at Amazon.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I use a Samsung 24″ HD monitor using it as a pc monitor and have my PS3 connected to it. Everything looks the same really as when I plug the PS3 into my 42″ HDTV. But I think since I sit closer to the monitor I can see a lot more pixels and grains.

MarkyG82

Thats awesome. You’re right I was totally overestimating it. Thanks.

Cougar

That’s cool. Take your budget for a supermarket special, buy a respected brand, and send me the change. We’re then both £100 up and everyone’s a winner.

(-:

MarkyG82

Genuine giggle. Maybe if I win the lottery….. If I win millions then I’ll throw a STW party and personally hand you a cheque 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ps3 minimum screen size’ is closed to new replies.