Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ps3 connection woes…any techies about
  • donks
    Free Member

The ps3 keeps dropping out the bt home hub… Usually when we have other devices connected also ( phones/pad etc) but it seems to be the ps3 that drops the router. We have to press the reset on the router to re-connect. This happens half a dozen times a day. I have looked at those TP Link power line adapters which effectively act as a direct patch lead from router to device but I’m unsure if this will cure the issue or if these are designed for weak wireless connections (ours seems ok) …so before I waste £30 any help is appreciated.

jekkyl

Have you tried changing the wifi channel?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mine seems more prone than most things to interference, made a difference moving it away from the amplifier of all things. Also really doesn’t like the Sky transmitter thingy that broadcasts the sky box to the rest of the house, but most wi-fi things don’t like that either.

gmex619
    Free Member

My PS3 has had similar issues with the WiFi.

I would suggest connecting with the PS3 as close as you can get it too the router and then moving it away from there after a few hours.

kimbers

never had any probs with mine its avout 3 meters from the hub

i use a free programe called ps3 media server to sync with the pc wont help if yoir having probs with online gaming tho

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ps3 connection woes…any techies about’ is closed to new replies.