Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PS3 broken!
  • bruneep

Son’s PS3 is “not reading any discs” called Sony up today and they are picking up on Thursday to repair FOC despite having no receipt as it was bought 2nd hand. Top customer service IMHO.
    After a quick Google it seems to be a common fault with the PS3 anyone else broke theirs?

B

Russell96

Yes had it happen to me, mine was out of warranty by about 3 weeks when it happened, I worked out it happened after a firmware upgrade and chatting to a local Game manager he said he only ever heard of it happening after a firmware upgrade. So I gave Sony a call just on the off chance and they sent a replacement a couple of days later all I had to do was hand over the faulty one to the courier.

Saccades
    Free Member

IF your sneaky – take the HD out before sending it back.

Drac

Yes a common fault and very fast in replacing.

Back up your save game data before sending off but I wouldn’t steal the hard drive unless you upgraded and have the original to put back in.

Russell96

All the games I had downloaded from the store I found that I could re-download them so all I lost was the game saves. Soon after I got the replacement I stuck a 320gb drive in instead.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PS3 broken!’ is closed to new replies.