Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Provider SIM Unlock on O2
  • Matt24k
    Free Member

I know I should be able to just call O2 but despite the fact the Samsung phone has their splash screen on start up and shut down, they say that they cannot unlock it. I bought the phone from O2 when I was a PAYG customer and then swapped to a monthly contract. Somehow during the swap the phone is no longer registered to them although it was showing on my account.
    I have spent far too long on the phone and O2 chat going around in circles and just want to sort it in a cost and time effective manner.
    Finally, I would like to achieve this without handing my phone over to Innit Bruv’s phone kiosk on my local High St.

Cougar

I did one a month or so back using a form on O2’s website, if that’s any help?

Matt24k
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip but the problem is that O2 say the phone was not supplied by them and I have no way of proving otherwise. Never go from PAYG to Contract with O2 as they make what should be a simple process into a nightmare.
    I have now gone over to Sky which is on the O2 network at a lower cost with far better customer service.

Cougar

I was wondering if the website might Just Work if you remove the human element, was all.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Technically I am no longer an O2 customer so don’t have full access to the website as I ported my number to Sky. I reckon it will be easier to pull my pants out the top of my trousers and slope into town to get a sick deal on slammin my phone, innit Bruv.

Matt24k
    Free Member

The solution to this is to sign in to your O2 account, go to Device Details and choose Unlock Device.
    However you must do this BEFORE you port your number. Once you have ported you no longer have all the options.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Technically I am no longer an O2 customer so don’t have full access to the website as I ported my number to Sky.

I had this with leaving o2.

Managed to miss the final instalment.

Got a letter telling me to pay up. Don’t provide any means of paying from an account which hasn’t been closed because its owed money but has had all options removed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Provider SIM Unlock on O2’ is closed to new replies.