Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Proud to be a cyclist…
  • Smee
    Free Member

Did you cut the trails or build the roads? if not i suspect it may be misplaced pride. 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Somebody I knew shared a house with Chris Hoy, and I went round there. I've been in the Two Mills when CB was in there (when he was still racing). I beat Liam Killeen in a time trial (he got DQ'ed for going the wrong way). Tracy Moseley once stopped to let the group I was riding with go past. As I'm sure none of these people would have achieved what they did without their chance encounters with me, does that mean I'm allowed to feel proud of our cyclists' achievements?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

the op basically said 'are you proud to be part of the cycling success story'

Of course as usual on here people fail to read the question and fly off the handle

If you're going to be a pedant and pick apart MY original post, take another look. It wasn't a question, but a simple statement. Granted I hoped and expected it would invoke some positive responses from like-minded people, but instead – as is so often the case on STW – it lured in those who take great pleasure in passing on their apparent bad mood. Thanks

aracer
    Free Member

instead – as is so often the case on STW – it lured in those who take great pleasure in passing on their apparent bad mood.

Well what did you expect posting in a place full of trainee GOM?

RichPenny
    Free Member

I certainly feel like a cyclist, to the extent that I smile when I see little old ladies pottering about on their bikes. Couldn't care less if that makes me sad, I'm the one with a smile on my face 🙂

As for positive news stories, well a mate of mine spent about a year trying to sort out a 4x track locally. Had funding from the council, track professionally designed, site all sorted. Then it was ko'd by some developers who wanted to build some bloody houses 🙁

Anyway, pottering about on a ride at the weekend, it suddenly occurred to me that a blatant opportunity (disused school with grounds, local committee sorting it out) was going begging. It's about 500m from my flat 🙂 Doing some groundwork tonight, wish me luck!

mudhound
    Free Member

I've bought a few bikes – some from same companies as race teams there.

If no one bought bikes then the companies wouldn't last and so no racing – there's not loads of TV cash!!!!

pride in being part of that – too right!!!

plus pride in riding, pride in bikes (even though I don't clean em too often)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hey RichP, that sounds hopeful.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Having spoken to my friend tonight, it's been more like 3 years 🙄

Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound…

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Proud to be a cyclist…’ is closed to new replies.