• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jeb.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Proud Dad moment No2
  • Kryton57

Well more than two but here’s Kj02 attempting a bike with pedals for the first time:

https://instagram.com/p/BIfQgNqAyFO/

Amazeballs! She’s only 3.5yo and although here birthdays in October we decided to give her the bike (2nd hand from kj01) early enough to make the most of the good weather. Right decision!

Esme
    Free Member

Miss Kryton deserves a double helping of pudding!
    With custard and ice-cream 😀

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Well done to little Miss K. Err, did you tell her how to stop? looks like she’s just going to carry on… and on… and on…

MrPottatoHead

Good effort! Did she use a balance bike before hand, and for how long?

My lad has just turned 3 and it’s only in the last couple of weeks he’s really started to properly get to grips with his balance bike and enjoy riding it. I’m amazed at how much he’s improved now he’s got his confidence with it but don’t want to introduce him to pedals before he’s ready.

DT78
    Free Member

Cool my boy had his first experience if singletrack today (14 months)

What age did you introduce a balance bike? I’m thinking he could probably do it, he is happy on a rocking horse

Kryton57

She’s been on a balance bike since March, with a view to her using pedals for her birthday but as mentioned we brought it forward. She does have the benefit of looking up to her older brother who’s bike/race mad which i think has shortened the transition – as she watch him / me ride and race. He took about 8 months on a balance bike getting on pedals about 4 1/2.

I’d totally advocate balance bikes. They seem to develop confidence and balance very quickly. So today she – like her brother – took about an hour from starting off to riding about like that which is pretty amazing. She is having ice cream with chocolate sauce for pudding!

MoreCashThanDash

That’s fantastic for that age – well done both of you!

Trekster

That’s ace

jambalaya
    Free Member

Excellent. Love the look of concentration on her face or was it a “don’t you dare think about overtaking me” 😉

jeb

danny macaskill……………………… got nothing on him ……………. 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Proud Dad moment No2’ is closed to new replies.