Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Prototype Nuke Proof/Shed fire DH frame
  • c_klein87

Anyone seen this looks pretty lovely to me, tho that could be the raw alu finish!!

kimbers

yiup brant is pushing this lots on facebook and southerndownhill

does look nice and meaty

psychle
    Free Member

looks… substantial 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hints of Trek about the front end.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

That looks nice, the TT reminds me of a Nomad though.

nickc

Cool

Jamie
    Free Member

Hints of Trek about the front end.

I was thinking more Giant.

c_klein87

little bit new turner DHR as well

psychle
    Free Member

giant crossed my mind as well…

bonesetter
    Free Member

so, it's a bit of all the bestsellers mixed in?

rs
    Free Member

oh! thats a bit nice! wonder how much, how heavy, when?

brant
    Free Member

Complete first proto bike 37lb 11oz. Boxxers, Saint, Vivid with Nukeproof Ti spring, Dual Ply Maxxis etc.

No production date planned yet, we're working on things but it rode well in the carpark 🙂

http://twitpic.com/13m3fs

mboy
    Free Member

Looking VERY good…

Nice pivot placement, not too high, not too forward, very like the Commencal Supreme and the Transition Bikes TR450 if you ask me, which is a good thing. And then the main tubes which are nice and swoopy a la Trek Session 88 frame, which again is a good thing IMO.

Looks like an 83mm BB and a 150mm rear axle, am I right?

Guessing 9.5×3.0 shock too, yielding what? 8.5" of travel or thereabouts?

As long as the geometry is on the money, suspect it could be a very desirable frame!

robholland
    Free Member

ah that looks nice!

genesis
    Free Member

Looks very nice, one question though why that platform and not a floating platform?

Are we going to see a shorter travel slope style bike?

slowrider
    Free Member

id love a razz on that

peasnotwar
    Free Member

Made by xxtension in taiwan perhaps???

i like it

thv3
    Free Member

Looks very nice.

Will definitely be following this one with interest.

brant
    Free Member

Made by xxtension in taiwan perhaps???

No. By Alumate.

sambob
    Free Member

i want one, any idea on price yet brant? not that i could afford one anyway.

brant
    Free Member

Looks like an 83mm BB and a 150mm rear axle, am I right?

Yes.

Guessing 9.5×3.0 shock too, yielding what? 8.5" of travel or thereabouts?

About 8in, aye.

Looks very nice, one question though why that platform and not a floating platform?

We wanted to make a lightweight race bike, and as such, and as it was single ring (from 36-39t), it was easy to spec a pivot point that covered it all well.

Are we going to see a shorter travel slope style bike?

We've got a freeride model coming soon, and we're working on a 4x race frame too.

Geometry is specced by someone I can't mention, and it's contemporary slack/low/long.

brant
    Free Member

i want one, any idea on price yet brant? not that i could afford one anyway.

It depends which way we take it. We were discussing it coming with full ti hardware, ti spring, and a set of bearing presses and factory tooling. Which would put the price up a bit. Though even with all that, we'd be hoping to come in at a very competitively attractive price.

genesis
    Free Member

Cheers Brant, looks like a really good race bike. Some very interesting dh frames coming in to challenge the established names, even the new Saracen looks like a contender as well as the current Eastern Europe crop of frames.

Would love to have a turn on the 4x frame as my current fave is the Yeti4x.

Price points like the K-9 stuff seem to be pushing the niche bracket a little.

brant
    Free Member

I'm super impressed with what Simon and his gang has done with the new Saracen bikes. The Ariel and their new Dh frame look super cool.

genesis
    Free Member

Agreed the Ariel looks superb, though I still hanker after an old school Kili! Come to North Wales for some testing 😉

mybike
    Free Member

Looks sweet, uplift in north wales this Sunday booked?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry to buck the trend but I am not jizzing over this.

genesis
    Free Member

However capable it is?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Who knows how capable it is? It's a Brant product so everyone loves it.

mboy
    Free Member

Geometry is specced by someone I can't mention, and it's contemporary slack/low/long.

Good stuff

All too often you see pics of something that looks like it's going to take the challenge to the established brands, but it's too tall, too steep or has a falling rate to the suspension or something.

Yours looks like you couldn't possibly get the weight any lower in the frame (a VERY good thing), and if it's long and slack, has a 3" stroke to achieve 8" of travel, and a rising rate linkage… Well…

Hurry up and make it!

And don't bother painting them either… Looks awesome in that raw ally finish of the prototype!

EDIT: Though do me a favour, make a model with a 135mm back end and a 73mm BB shell… Don't need the expense of another DT440 rear hub and a set of Saint cranks just to suit! 😉

bigrich

it has to beat the benchmark 2010 giant glory on function and price.

brant
    Free Member

it has to beat the benchmark 2010 giant glory on function and price.

I've certainly got it pencilled in for a similar price point.

sambob
    Free Member

brant, i presume you had thought about doing 2 specs? one with Ti kit and one without? if not, your welcome 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Geometry is specced by someone I can't mention

Surely taking a stab in the dark then tweaking the axel path and angles is a better bet than getting your mate Dave* to guess/copy someone else?

*other bike designers do exist, Dave could get lucky and hit it right first time.

Seeing as you run nukeproof and now build suspension bikes, could you not get some progressive springs wound and build linear frames? Makes much more sense in my head to do it that way? Could alter how progressive a design was without drilling holes in the frame.

brant
    Free Member

could you not get some progressive springs wound and build linear frames? Makes much more sense in my head to do it that way?

a progressive spring is fine if you just want progressiveness, not a change in progression throughout the stroke.

and a progressive spring itself doesn't alter the damping, if you see what I mean.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Be watching this one keenly, would be nice to see some geo figures. More than a hint of TR450 about it.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Prototype Nuke Proof/Shed fire DH frame’ is closed to new replies.