Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Protein Shakes
  • Si
    Free Member

Interested if anyone use one before or after exercise?
    And if so what do you use and how regular?

juiced
    Free Member

I use a basic Holland and Barret shake after a ride.

druidh
    Free Member

As a post-exercise recovery drink, I either shakes with banana, milk, yoghurt & honey or go for the Torq Recovery. I don't always use it, just when I'm aiming to do a few days back-to-back hard exercise.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sc-xc

I use after a weights workout, six days per week – soya protein as I am a veggie.

Mens Health etc say you should have one before and after, but I can't afford to do that.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

I use the Decathlon mass gainer after rides with a banana in.. Stops me from becoming 2D..

woffle
    Free Member

myprotein.co.uk's Impact shake in vanilla, drunk shortly after my 'training' rides. Cheap, decent quality and not wholly calorie laden – some are scarily high.

TooTall
    Free Member

bulkpowders unflavoured stuff – great value and just mix it with the flavour drops or with fruit etc.

donsimon
    Free Member

I used to use the Decathlon protein powder after a ride, now I generally just have fruit juice/ water and a pinch of salt or nothing. But I do eat and drink regularly during a ride so I guess there is less need for post ride stuff.

MoreCashThanDash

I used to use Maximuscle Promax a lot when I was working/training/living in the gym – tasted good, mixed easily just by shaking it up with water. But I was the best part of 2 stone bigger in those days.

TBH, I will still have "something" after a longer or harder ride to try and help recovery. I have found it doesn't seem to matter whether I use a proprietary recovery drink, For Goodness Shakes or simple Frijj milkshake, I am less sore the next day than if I just have a tea and cake or beer and crisps. Not very scientific research though.

juiced
    Free Member

I always use shakes after weight training. Only just started using them after riding though. If I do not fancy a shake I have a can of tuna mixed with some low cal mayo. Makes a real difference imho

allthepies
    Free Member

DIY recovery drink

50g maltodextrin (web or homebrew shops)
    25g protein powder (Holland and Barratt – I use soya stuff)
    25g fructose (supermarket sugar section)

mix that all up and add to 700ml ish of water, preferably in a proper mixer bottle, shake well. Add a dash of squash to flavour.

Slacks
    Free Member

Yep. Cycle to work then I nip in the gym to do some weights. If I don't then eat I can feel my body digesting itself. Shakes is a easy way to quickly get something on board. I can just leave the tub in my locker.

Karl33to
    Free Member

I love the chocolate 'for goodness shakes' ones, and drink them even if I'm doing no exercise at all 🙂

Philby

Another vote for Goodness Shakes – or alternatively Soreen malt loaf.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Boditronics is also a good product.Use it after gym workout or when i need extra protien in my diet.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Milk with chocolate nesquik works for me. Well, to be honest I've no idea if it works for me, but it tastes great.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Protein Shakes’ is closed to new replies.