Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Protein bars or soya burgers?
  • turneround

just got back from a long run and tucked into a free protein bar i got with the Zipvit free suppliment box…must say not a bad bar but then i looked at the back and noticed the amounts of protein (19g) carbs (25g)and fat (6.2g) per bar… i then looked in the freezer at my tesco vegi soya burgers and saw that 2 of those have 20g of protein, 5.4g fat, 7g of carbs.

my question is – as i was to shed a few pounds but maintain muscle build for the new race season, is it better to just munch on the burgers which have more g's of protein and less carbs / fat that the bars and they are a million miles cheaper?

uplink
    Free Member

tesco vegi soya burgers

LeeW

If you've never eaten soya before I'd try eating just one first before you start chomping on them regularly. Some people (me included) have allergic reactions to it which make them dizzy and nauseous, it affected me after my veggie missus made a massive soya spagbog which I shared with myself.

I'm sure they'd be great as part as balanced diet, protein bars have their place, especially if you've just trained and can't rustle up a shake, the carbs will be an essential part of the bars because, I believe it aids protein take up in the muscle.

turneround

Cheers… we are vegies and have been muching on soya in one form or another for years… i must admit.. i LOVE the vegi burger!!

IainGillam
    Free Member

I got a tip form a veggie friend to try soya bread, the brand he uses (no idea what it's called but it can be found in sainsburys) has 6g of proteen per slice.

Iain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Protein bars or soya burgers?’ is closed to new replies.