Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Protectyourbubble bike insurance
  • iain1775
    Free Member

Sorry about yet other insurance thread

Was with M&S, last year with Sheila’s wheels, but cover isn’t new for old
    Have explored all the other avenues suggested –
    Allianz (your cover) – adding over £600 just to cover 3 bikes
    More than – likewise
    Nationwide look good but need clarification on a few things on Monday (my bank account and mortgage with them and have no problems so they would be favourite even at bit of a premium)
    NFU waiting for a call back

Anyone any experience of protectyourbubble cycle insurance?

Would only be £70 to insure our 3 expensive bikes (leaving 2 cheap ones on house insurance) which is significantly cheaper and should anything happen to bikes I wouldn’t loose house insurance no claims as the two would be seperate
    They arn’t new for old once past 3 years but that’s fair enough, they do say need original purchase receipts though, which having built up from parts I don’t have, has anyone had a payout declined because of this?

I live in a reasonable area, bikes kept locked in a garage that is attached to and assessable via internal door from the house, I’d like cover inside a car when away, not fussed by European cover, accidental damage etc

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve just checked how much it is to insure my Yeti (which they don’t list – that’s a poor start)

£37 a month. Not such a bargin.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I’m moving next month and as first time buying was looking into buildings and contents with a new insurer, at first glance John Lewis seemed to be offering the old m&s style cover for bikes and seemed affordable. Haven’t actually gone past the meerkat quote stage but listed 3 bikes over £3k and it seemed cheap

aP
    Free Member

Just doing a quick quote it’s working out at a premium of 20% of a bike’s value. TBH that’s no better than anywhere else.

hammyuk
    Free Member

AA here – lots of confusion over what they do/don’t cover but when I rang the uk call centre it was all cleared up – paid there and then 😉
    Named bikes over £1.5k, all others under that covered as well as house contents, away from home, valuables, etc for under £120

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I went through a broker, who recommended Aviva. You have to specify bikes over £2000, but I’ve got 4 insured world wide for a reasonable additional fee.

iain1775
    Free Member

Ah Scott got me wondering now if I misread a monthly price as annual!
    If so its pretty bad as the depreciation on my 2009 bike would mean I would only get less than 40% back if it was stolen (despite frame being only original part) once excess is considered also, if that happened after 6 months I would have paid more in premiums that I recover
    Back to square one?!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They arn’t new for old once past 3 years but that’s fair enough, they do say need original purchase receipts though, which having built up from parts I don’t have, has anyone had a payout declined because of this?

Pointless asking here legally, ask them and get a response in writing. Do not wait until you need to claim to sort this shit out. Don’t want to sound like your Mum but….

iain1775
    Free Member

Mike you sound like my mum 😉
    That was my plan but obviously can’t until Monday, hence asking here first As someone may already have done just that, or have a better alternative

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just checking 🙂 With insurance only believe it when it’s in writing, M&S agreed to insure all our stuff away from home over the phone for 7 months for nothing extra once. When we phoned as checked and asked for it in writing it wasn’t the case but as the call was recorded they issued the letter confirming they would 🙂 I’m guessing without that the call record would have gone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Protectyourbubble bike insurance’ is closed to new replies.