Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Protection – premature iPhone death
  • grtdkad

So my 6S has died as a result of ‘moisture damage’, not a full on soaking but enough ingress to goose the screen completely (and trigger the wee internal detectors).

Replacement hopefully on its way but given the outdoor activities that we all indulge in I need to protect this one.
    I’ve spotted a Lifeproof NUUD which claims to be IP68 proofed and drop-proof to ‘military standard’. Does anyone on here have one? Any experiences?

zilog6128

Don’t buy one from eBay, Amazon, etc – there are a lot of fakes. I’ve had 2 Lifeproof Fre cases & they’ve been excellent, well worth the money.

grtdkad

I have spotted one on Amazon but it is ‘sold by Amazon’ rather than a crooked punter by the looks of it…so safe(r)?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ziplock foodbag.

mattstreet

Have a Lifeproof Fre case and I managed to close my car boot on it trapping it in the gap. Few scuffs on the case and car panel is now bent.

As already said – worth the money!

mattbee

My Lifeproof Nuud (bought direct from them to avoid fakes) has been throu a 30deg wash & spin cycle and also been bashed around loads in the last year. Phone is as new, no effects at all.

grtdkad

Thanks all, that’s great.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Not used the Nuud one but had several FRE ones for both Iphone 4 and 5. Both have been dropped on average 2 -3 times a day and survived getting pretty wet and being on site pretty much full time last year.

Provided that you accept that they are sacrificial and will wear and need replacing every so often. I recon I get 12-18 months out of one before it starts disintegrating but as I said I’m not careful with phones and work outdoors / on site a lot. I view them a a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things to avoid the expense and hassle of replacing a broken phone.

cnud
    Free Member

Had nuud on my last 3 gen iPhones and now got one on the 6s. Aesthetics go out the window but functionally for using out on the trail in the depths of winter it’s great.
    Oh, and they’ve survived the toilet plunge, numerous puddles and being lobbed about 10 yds down the road by my 2 yr old!

P-Jay
    Free Member

What jambalaya said, cheap and reliable – stick in your Camelbak and it’ll happily Strava or be wating to make a call in an emergency etc.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Definitely buy direct from Lifeproof. Excellent delivery times.

Nuud case is brilliant, and for my big clumsy hands makes the phone easier to hold. Not pretty, but I love not having to worry about my phone.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Both have been dropped on average 2 -3 times a day

😯

and work outdoors / on site a lot.

😯 😯

Does your HSE rep know you are a walking liability?!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Trying to decide between the Fre and the Nuud.

Swinging towards the Nuud as I had an iPhone 5 in a Lifedge case which was great for keeping the phone clean but a ballache with touch sensitivity.

How does the Nuud fair with dust/dirt ingress?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Samsung S7?

IP68 rated, and from all accounts a decent phone.

CountZero

Samsung S7?

IP68 rated, and from all accounts a decent phone.
    As the OP has an iPhone 6S that’s been damaged, has a replacement on its way that he’d like a protective case for, suggesting a completely different phone and OS isn’t, I’d suggest, really very helpful or productive.
    Most people who use a particular make of phone, with a specific OS, whether iOS, Android or WinMob already have a significant app ecology investment, so changing would be a real ball-ache.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ok. Easy, Steve Jobs. It was just a suggestion.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

For me it’s a work ting, no choice.

Saying that I wouldn’t go back to Samsung.

Can anyone comment on the Nuud? Thanks.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Protection – premature iPhone death’ is closed to new replies.