Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Protecting carpet from bike/mud/drips etc
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

What do people recommend? Getting rid of carpet is not an option unfortunately.

gusamc
    Free Member

shower curtain – about £4 B&Q etc etc etc

CaptJon
    Free Member

Interesting, that hadn't even crossed my mind.

dropoff

When at work we use a self adhesive carpet protector, it's ok to leave down for up to a month, removes easily and stops the customers falling down the stairs, google for "self adhesive carpet protector"

4ndyB
    Free Member

Rubber car mats

CaptJon
    Free Member

That carpet protector looks good. I'm thinking a layer of that under a cheap rug might be a nice solution.

dropoff

It does work well, only problem we've ever had is that is leaves the customers carpet really clean when we take it up. 😆 Makes the rest of it look awful. Shorter rolls used to be available from wickes, B&Q and Screwfix if you've got any of those close by.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Cool. Just need something for the wall now where my stairs curve around. I presume the carpet stuff could take paint off if not removed very carefully.

dropoff

Ooh yeah, wouldn't recommend it for the wall. Probably need more detail here but how about taping some interlocking laminate flooring to the wall, use clear packing tape and you wouldn't see it much, well a little bit sort of. 🙄

CaptJon
    Free Member

I'm thinking something like this might do it: http://www.magicwhiteboard.co.uk/

coatesy
    Free Member

Used to stand mine in a length of plastic rain gutter with push-on end caps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Protecting carpet from bike/mud/drips etc’ is closed to new replies.