Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pros & Cons of these 3 ht builds please…
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

Custom curtis freeride
    Existing 140mm floats with qr15
    Existing xt ust wheels

or

Custom curtis freeride
    150mm revs with maxle/uturn
    Hope hoops (pro2/flow)

or

Cotic bfe
    Magura wotans
    Hope hoops (as above)

It's intended to be an all day lakes/peaks ride for a heavyish rider and the rest of the build will be identical on all 3 bikes as I'm using what came off my old bike.

(I'm kinda edging towards option 2 but not sure I won't **** up the custom angles on the frame!)

GlennG
    Free Member

Custom Curtis FR with 150mm U turn revs and pro2's/Stans flow would be my choice.

Had 140mm Fox van 32 originally on my Curtis FR and was nice but prefer RS forks to Fox, got a set of Pikes on now. Gary recommends head angle at 71 deg and mine is 68 deg with Pikes set at 140mm (no sag) so with sag would be about 70 deg? Looking at getting another built up in the next month or so and would get the head angle a bit slacker. saying that with the current forks/head angle its a fantastic "do it all" bike just wish it was a bit lighter.

kelvin

Er, why not uturn revs on a BFe? In fact, with either frame I'd want travel adjustable forks to make the bike suitable for all day rides.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A Cotic soul would be better for 'all day' rides than the bfe. Probably the best option, with some suitable forks.

kelvin

BFe would be fine for all day rides, assuming weight isn't your first concern. It's not super heavy anyway. He might want the extra stiffness and long fork handling of a bike even burlier than the Soul.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pros & Cons of these 3 ht builds please…’ is closed to new replies.