Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • propperly itching to mow the lawn!
  • JonBoy
    Free Member

Its like a jungle out there! Can just about see the cat when he’s out. Would it be a silly idea?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Same here, just too wet at the moment. 😕

sharkbait
    Free Member

You really need to wait for a windy day so the grass is a bit drier. I did ours a couple of weeks ago as it was properly long and shaggy. Didn’t collect the grass (mulching mower, but removed the mulching kit so it just blew the grass out the side) and the cut grass has disappeared.

phiiiiil

Did ours on Friday! The mower had never really been put away this winter…

matt_outandabout

Eh? It was -7 this morning and is under white stuff…

fettlin

I’m tempted to give mine a hair cut with the strimmer, just to take the tops off. The only thing is I can’t see if there are any presents from the dog still there 😯
    I’ve looked and picked up all I can find, but I’m not confident…..

fettlin

Well, the itch lingered so I scratched it! Grass cut and no brown rain, result!

Just needs top dressing but that can wait for a few weeks.

m0rk
    Free Member

This thread shamed me into doing mine.

Looks horrendous now, but better than the 6″ I just lopped off the top.

Now if only it could just stop raining for a week, it might recover enough to let me mow again next weekend

LMT
    Free Member

Don’t mean to hijack the thread, gardens easy enough to fix?

Looking at the garden in my new house its a bit grim to say the least, it has a car parking double space at the top of the garden. Looks like the previous owner had it slabbed all the way to the house.

Was thinking of tearing them all up with exception to the base of the garden and put veg patch in and some grass up to the extension leave the rest slabbed for hosing down the bike etc..

Is it a big job? doable on my own? better to get someone in for a couple of days?

thecaptain
    Free Member

If the OP is still desperate for a bit of lawnmowing, he’s welcome to come and have a go at mine 🙂

JonBoy
    Free Member

Went to shed to mow the lawn. Found beer. Lawn still needs mowing.

Dibbs
    Free Member

It’s been dry all day and forecast dry all day tomorrow, maybe I’ll do it tomorrow afternoon, after I’ve been out for a ride.
    Just tonight’s night shift to get out of the way first. 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘propperly itching to mow the lawn!’ is closed to new replies.