Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Proposed parking charges for Cwmcarn
  • randomjeremy
    Free Member

Just heard through the grapevine that parking charges are likely to be introduced at Cwmcarn. The proposed prices are £1 for an hour or £3 for a full day.

I think this is a good thing and would happily pay a fiver for a day ticket, especially with the new trails opening up in the near future.

dyls

I dont mind paying for parking at any trail centre if it goes towards maintenance, as long as its reasonable. We pay for other things anyway such as gym membership etc.

5lab

yeah seems completely fair to me, as long as they don’t go the way of bedgebury, who

a) charge a fortune (£8.50)
    b) have rubbish trails

sparkyspice
    Free Member

+1 for Bedgebury!
    I’d pay £3 for Cwmcarn happily if it goes towards the trails.

z1ppy

Alway been surprised it was free TBH. I’m very surprised it’s taken them this long to get round to charging visitor ‘just’ using the MTB trails.

xterramac
    Free Member

Paying a few quid for Cwmcarn is quite fair…. 😀

xterramac
    Free Member

Paying anything for Thetford is a joke and £6 is a f##kin liberty 👿

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Should generate £80,000 per year which will be a massive help towards trail improvements and maintenance.

I’m more than happy with the idea, wish they did it years ago TBH.

FuzzyWuzzy

Happy to pay to, although I hope the fix the car park itself with the cash not just the trails (I don’t have a 4×4 :p ). Cwmcarn is pretty near a residential area though so it might end up pissing the locals off if cheapskates part on nearby roads instead.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

The carpark is due to be increased in size and re-surfaced as we speak!

LoCo
    Free Member

Carpark is being extended up the hill on the right as your drive in, £3 is pretty fair and should help with upkeep facilities.
    Guess they need the extra space as it’s usually rammed a weekends and with the further trail development plans the extra capacity will be needed. 😀

lucien

As above, if the money goes to trail development then a small payment from multiple people is a great way to raise much needed cash.

If it was pay on exit with a barrier as opposed to pay and display it might add a level of security that currently isn’t there?

simon1975

Well worth £3. Are the showers still free too? Superb facilities there.

clubber
    Free Member

Sounds fair so long as it in some way pays for upkeep/facilities/etc rather than just going to the council or somesuch (no idea who actually owns the carpark).

kimbers

id be happy to pay it for the xc trails

but if im already paying 30quid for the uplift i dont think so

Paceman
    Free Member

No problem with that. Hopefully some of the revenue will go towards trail maintenance and facilities such as the bike wash.

prezet
    Free Member

Paying anything for Thetford is a joke and £6 is a f##kin liberty

Where the hell do you park! High Lodge?

Much better to park at Brandon Park – only £2

fathomer

I went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and wandered round the car park looking for a paypoint! Couldn’t believe you didn’t have to pay.

Trimix
    Free Member

Will the money go towards a security guard to stop scrotes thieving bikes ?

atlaz
    Free Member

I was going to suggest that the security aspect might be a good thing.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Proposed parking charges for Cwmcarn’ is closed to new replies.