Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Proposed Camping Ban – Loch Lomond
  • irc

A great blog on this subject and a petition.

https://cairngormwanderer.wordpress.com/

tetchypete
    Free Member

Signed

boxelder

Hate it when new rules/guidelines are invented because folk can’t be arsed with existing ones. Signed.

somafunk

She’s our msp for the south of scotland and has absolutely no idea about land access so i guess she is taking direction over the matter from those who have laid pressure on her from above – i doubt the petition will do any good but signed it none the less.

A ban on camping wouldn’t stop me from setting up on the Loch side and i imagine a mass camping sit-in on the shores would do more good

scotroutes

A couple of spots have already been mooted. There’s a nice piece of turf at the park headquarters for a start…

flatfish
    Free Member

Whilst I’m quite jealous of the Scottish access laws I was really disappointed and surprised when I visited the Trossachs last year with the sheer amount of rubbish and blackened ground around loch sides.
    Having been to various area’s around Scotland this was by far, the worst.
    This will prevent us from visiting the area again.
    Scotland has some fantastic places of which the Trossachs is one, spoilt by quite a few that go “wild camping” by car.
    Our next week away will not be here so something has to be done otherwise it’ll become THE dump of Scotland.
    One can only assume it’s mainly the great unwashed on Glasgow causing the problem.

scotroutes

Doesn’t really matter who is causing the problem, there are existing laws to deal with it. There’s no need to demonise the traditional “wild camper”, stravaiging through the area and stopping for a quick overnighter.

boxelder

The “great unwashed of Glasgow”?

Disappointing on so many levels…..
    Isn’t it great that ‘townies’ experience the area and maybe, just maybe experience something that alters their aspirations?
    Are some people more deserving of time there than others?
    Maybe employing some folk to explain how they could improve their behaviour? Not everyone gets taught the country code.

Northwind

scotroutes – Member

Doesn’t really matter who is causing the problem, there are existing laws to deal with it. There’s no need to demonise the traditional “wild camper”, stravaiging through the area and stopping for a quick overnighter

Exactly this. When there’s existing laws that can deal with the problem, that aren’t being used, ****ing use them. Don’t invent new laws because not only is that obviously stupid, it also won’t fix the problem because the issue is enforcement not laws.

flatfish
    Free Member

These existing laws don’t seem to be working though in this area.
    Your blessed with the Cairngorms/monadliath on your doorstep.
    I’ve seen a handful of charred ground where you live in the 7 or 8 times I’ve been riding round aviemore but I could find the same amount in one 2-3 hour ride in the Trossachs with copious amounts of carrier bags full of empty Stella’s, used bbq trays and batteries in the same vicinity.

scotroutes

As above – there’s nothing wrong with the law, it just needs to be enforced.

flatfish
    Free Member

explain how they could improve their behaviour? Not everyone gets taught the country code.

It’s not rocket science, don’t leave your s**t lying around, put it in the bin.
    If everybody put their rubbish in a council estate garden the resident is going to get pissy pretty quick.

boxelder

Flatfish – I wasn’t asking you to explain, I was suggesting that getting them on board, through education, would be better than laying down new laws, or writing them off as council estate plebs…..

seosamh77
    Free Member

flatfish – Member
    One can only assume it’s mainly the great unwashed on Glasgow causing the problem.

One would assume you’re a bit of a dick.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😆

flatfish
    Free Member

One would assume you’re a bit of a dick.

has been mentioned before.

onehundredthidiot

Great Unwashed
    noun
    the general public; the populace or masses

onehundredthidiot

We need to stop thinking that everyone can be helped to see things that are for the greater good.

Some people do not care a jot and no amount of trying to help them see otherwise will work. I was rough camping in the trossachs with friends and kids. And was astounded at how much people just did not care about anything. Groups chucking bottle lids on the ground and the bottle at the loch. Music pumping away. It was perceived that they were away from society and rules did not apply

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Proposed Camping Ban – Loch Lomond’ is closed to new replies.