Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Proposed Banshee/Mythic Spitfire review by Singletrack?
  • Shackleton

I remember that Banshee were meant to be sending STW a Spitfire (and a Prime?) to review from about 6 months ago.

Anyone know if it is still happening?

If it’s a case of lack of manpower to review it I’d be more than happy to lend a hand……

yossarian
    Free Member

I think major bearing/linkage issues have dogged the spitfire. Shame cos it looks perfect for the uk.

Shackleton

I thought they ran on bushings and that was where the issues were? I don’t mind having to replace them every 6 months if they are cheap and are easy to push grease through to keep running smoothly.

IGUS bushings should be fairly cheap if purchased directly, but I guess it depends on whether Banshee put bushing kits together designed to make a profit or keep people riding.

[EDIT] Can’t even find bushing kits on the Freeborn/Mythic site, which isn’t a good start.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sure I heard somewhere it was to do with tolerances on the frame not being up to scratch and causing very rapid wear of the bushings. Think this was from the distributor at a stand at Dalby.

jim76
    Free Member

Hi Guys, Thought I’d jump in here. There have been a few Spitfire frames that have had bushing / linkage issues but for the most part we’ve had nothing but very positive feedback from our Spitfire customers. In the cases that have needed attention we’ve dealt with things as swiftly as possible – mostly by replacing all bushings at no charge.
    There’s no definative answer to the problem and I’m certainly not going to go into the good old “bushings Vs bearings” debate right now.. but it does seem that if you are into regular strip down / maintainance then you’d have nothing to worry about. We do have a good selection of Banshee/Mythic spares in stock and they will appear on our site in due course. Anyone wanting anymore information about this please feel free to mail me on jim@freeborn.co.uk or give me a call on 01403 251252.

Thanks & happy trails

Jim @ Freeborn

M6TTF
    Free Member

Having to strip down and swap bushings/bearings every 6months doesn’t sound particulary good to me? I just want to get on and ride

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Proposed Banshee/Mythic Spitfire review by Singletrack?’ is closed to new replies.