Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Prophet Straight to Tapered Steerer
  • walowiz

Hi, I’m currently building a budget full susser, using an excellent Prophet frame (18″ and sourced here at STW) and got a deal on a set of Rock shox revelations, but they are tapered.

The Prophet is currently set for a straight steerer.

My newbie question is what have I got to purchase and then fit to be able to fit the new tapered forks ?

thanks

soobalias
    Free Member

gonna need a hed-stretcher.

hot_fiat

gonna need a hed-stretcher.

Nah, prophets have a lefty / headshock-compatible 1.5″ head tube. So, I suspect you need some sort of reducing top headset?

Perhaps google is your friend?

granny_ring

You can get Hope top & bottom cups to suit, can’t remember which ones but sure someone will be along to say.

walowiz

thanks guys, will look into getting a “headset reducer”, or the Hope top & bottom cups to suit.

Thanks for the web link, had a look – and can’t say I’m much the wiser, tons of info there, but couldn’t make out what it is I need ? Most likely me.

Simon

Is the current headset for 1 1/8″ straight steerer or 1.5″ straight?

walowiz

Hi Simon

Have just checked and it is set up at the moment for a straight 1 1/8th steerer.

Simon
    walowiz

thanks Simon, that makes sense. Ordered.

Now going to google how to install…

shifter
    Free Member

You’ll probably be knocking out the existing Cannondale reducer lump and replacing it with something much nicer. It will be shallower so I’d check for fork top/downtube clearance. Not the end of the world, but best to know before you ride it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Prophet Straight to Tapered Steerer’ is closed to new replies.