Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Prophet or Pitch?
  • sherry
    Free Member

I managed to find a spesh pitch pro in my size for sale, but the question is to go for the dale prophet 1 or spesh pitch pro? I’m going to be swapping my wheels (hope pro 2 EN521 rims), shifters/mech (X9), crankset (SLX with bash) and brakes (hayes trail) over. Which bike would suit a 6’6″ 220lb rider?

james
    Free Member

Which ever comes in an XL frame size?

Do you have any past experience on what suspension designs you like the ride characteristics of?
    The prophet being a single pivot, the pitch being an FSR/proper four bar

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve ridden a SX Cross, FSR etc. as well as my current Prophet and… I don’t care about systems. I like Prophet best as it’s simpler.

sherry
    Free Member

I can get both in XL, the previous full sus designs I’v had are a giant VT single pivot multi linkage and a litespeed niota, both were good at what they did. The giant was the most fun, I beefed it up to a light FR build and used it for everything from fort bill DH to XC/trails. Never tried a four bar, I thought the prophet single pivot might be better for UK riding and simpler to maintain in this wet island. I can get a hold of prophet to test ride, but cant get a hold a pitch pro as it will be mail order! The prophet is £1440 with better spec, pitch £1175. decisions decisions! 😕

pendlechris
    Free Member

When you have got sorted could you e mail me, as I am after pitch in XL if they have any left.

Cheers

pitcherpro
    Free Member

My previous bike was a Giant VT !!! I narrowed my choices down to a prophet and pitch pro ….i did like the frame quality of the prophet but went for the pitchpro and absolutely love it …swapped the wheels to goldtec draco hubs/mavic 717’s and a few other tweaks in the cockpit area …..End of the day its what feels best !

ampthill

Wow some one selling a Pitch Pro for less than retail. They must be a charity

OK I can see some listed on Google shopping but I really thought they’d all gone. My hunch is that the places I’m seeing don’t really have stock

Don’t say in here where its from cos then it really will be gone!

z1ppy

totally sold on the prophet here, can’t say enough good things about it… but why are you talking about buying a Prophet 1, and swapping over the parts?
    Get a Prophet 2 for £1200 or less (with a x-firm spring fitted to the pikes), your only going to replace the majority of the parts they upgraded to make it into a “1”.

(6’2″ 220Lbs + Large frame)

phildowling
    Free Member

A prophet for sale you say…

😀

If you want one from a dealer grab it while you can theres limited numbers left when i checked today for a Customer 😥

Simon

I was told when I bought my Prophet 2 three weeks ago that there would be no more Prophets made after this year, so if you decide you want one get one while you can.

z1ppy

Leisure lakes in Wolverhampton said they had 4 on order a week or so ago..

Oxboy
    Free Member

I was in the same quandry until I bagged a Pitch pro for less than a grand, I have no complaints with it its a great bike. Single pivot may suit you better though being a heavier chap.
    Bit of a rigmarole swapping the bits though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

seem odd to stop production, especialy as they’ve become a bit of a bargain, especialy in the UK where for the next few years at least we’re accepting what were once nice but only just affordable (5-spot, enduro, stumpjumper, moto, rise, etc) are now what would be considdered superbike money 2 years back.

Now bikes like the cannondale prophet/rush, speciaized FSR XC/pitch, which now seem to be lusted after by the peole who previously bought much more expensive bikes.

We cant be the only market that demands cheep but good bikes? What about eastern Europe, South Ammerica etc etc.

sherry
    Free Member

Having looked at the spec again, I would still swap the wheels, crank and shifters. Is there much difference between the forks on the prophet 1 & 2, I know the rear shocks better. Is it worth getting fork/shock pushed, if so on what one, 1 or 2. Also, would it be worth swapping the brakes from avid 5’s to Hayes trail? I have always used Hayes, but I would need new brake hosing to fit the prophet.

nukeproof
    Free Member

A prophet for sale you say…

Just split it and sell me the frame 😀

z1ppy

Prophet 1 – Pike 456 Dual air
    Prophet 2 – Pike 409 U-turn Coil
    Main difference, ignore the obvious U-turn one is the 400 odd grammes (0.88 lbs).. & you’d definitely need stronger coil spring for the 409’s too.

As for the rear shock, well flog all the other bits you don’t need, to buy the shock you want, then flog the Float R afterwards.
    Though I’d plumb for having it’pushed’ it first.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Prophet or Pitch?’ is closed to new replies.