Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Prophet Cable Routing
  • schwimoid
    Free Member

I went to go and put a front mech on my prophet the other day, and i noticed theres no cable stop for the front mech. Im assuming the stop is the little plastic guide that clips underneath the B/B (which didnt come with the frame).

Has anyone got a picture of how the cable should be routed?!

Has anyone got one of these guides spare that i could purchase?!

Regards Chris

walleater

There should be a plastic guide under the BB, but it isn’t very secure until the cables are in place so maybe it fell out somewhere.

Take the frame to a shop. Any old guide will work as long as the tab thing fits in the hole in the bottom of the frame.

schwimoid
    Free Member

A right, so does the outer just stop at the plastic guide?! Or am i missing something else.

At the moment ive just bodged it by using large washers and bolting the outer cable to the inside of the ISCG tabs.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

my guide is free moving and always has been 🙁

walleater

A right, so does the outer just stop at the plastic guide?! Or am i missing something else.

Are you also missing the guide insert that goes into the down tube cable stop?

bristolsurfer
    Free Member

the outer stops near the head tube – middle one in the pic is the front mech cable.

schwimoid
    Free Member

Yes it appears im missing that also, will have to source one of those also.

Cheers for the help.

Chris

racing_ralph
    Free Member

rare as rocking horse shit

schwimoid
    Free Member

Mine looks like this just now with a full length outer. Should hold while i get the parts.

Regars Chris

KINGTUT
    Free Member

racing_ralph – Member

rare as rocking horse shit

Leisurelakes in Cheltenham had them in stock last year, you could also try Noahs in Stroud.

Ben_Haworth

Chelmer Cycles are always good for Cannondale spares IME.
    Tel: 01245 287600

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Prophet Cable Routing’ is closed to new replies.