Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • propex heaters
  • ed34
    Free Member

anyone use a propex heater in a small van conversion?

How noisy are they for overnight use (will probably be fitted externally), and do they eat a lot of gas?

Quite a bit cheaper to get a propex fitted comapred to a webasto / eberspacher, just wondered how they are in comparison.

Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have a truma e2400. Which is very very similar to heat a big van (7.25m iveco conversion)

I like it , it’s thermostatic so you can set to maintain temperature with a low fan speedand it will cut in and out to maintain it and I can’t hear it from my bed 🙂 – thermostats in the remote switch not the unit

As for gas consumption – I haven’t had to change the gas yet and I’m running a 6kg propane. It needs changed now after about 30 nights away in it this year – many of them in February and march so heating was used lots.

Only downside I see is the need for gas. The diesel heaters at least you know you’ll always have fuel.

-although I need it for fridge , stove and BBQ….. So looking at gaslow or gasit underslung tanks

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I have one. Easy to fit and use. Thermostatic so controllable. Don’t really know about gas consumption as I’ve only used it for a few nights but it was connected to a 6kg butane cylinder which was half empty and it’s still not run out.

For noise, it’s about the same as an electric fan heater. It’s not the heater itself, but the noise of the air going through the ducting and out of the vent.

Overall I’m pretty happy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘propex heaters’ is closed to new replies.