Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 'Proper Riding' in Morzine PDS?
  • disconoir
    Free Member

Off to the PDS again this year and thought I might explore a little further out than the usual bike park trails.

Can anyone recommend areas to explore? Or useful guides (people or books)?

Going with a group of 4 and they’re not all keen on riding up when chairlifts are available so anything lift accessed would be best.

cheers guys.

ahwiles
    Free Member

you want to ride your bike outside the bikepark? then expect to see a lot of these:

if i’m honest, i can sympathise with the increasing requests to stay in the bike parks; i wouldn’t go on a walking holiday to Morzine if i knew that all trails were considered fair game by the mtb crowd.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Online topo map:
    http://map.schweizmobil.ch/?lang=en

lots to explore!!!

disconoir
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m not thinking about riding on walking trails to be fair, I was thinking more of what people ride when the lifts shut, you know local stuff for local people.

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

I think the official Les Gets trail map (from the ticket office) has a some of the off piste runs like the Canyon marked these days. You can also spot a lot of the “off piste” trails easily enough, big gaps in the undergrowth next to the main line or you can see riders disappearing into the trees from the lift.
    All of the unofficial trails that I know pretty much run off of the main lines. Just keep you eyes open and go for an explore.

stoke1
    Free Member

downhill track on Pleney are pretty good

Check out this video…

http://www.aiglonmorzine.com/index.php/summer/mountain-biking

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Stuff when the lifts shut? So like 1 run?

10 tracks on pleney, 4/5 down super m, 3/4 les gets

GEDA
    Free Member

La Bourgeoise to Samoens.

If you can get your head around the French English grammar then the PDS VTT book has some good rides in it.

thedobbster
    Free Member

I wasnt a massive fan of Morzine bike park stuff tbh, too samey and more for big rigs…. but one day we got mini bus up to head of valley (route de la manche) and then rode/pushed for a hour or two max to col de cou i think it was on swiss border. then right along singletrack, down dragons back and eventually into Champery – superb descent with lunch half way down at mountain hut! then use lifts to get back up and over to morzine, returning via lac de montriond. Brilliant brilliant day that was!

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Hey dobbster, I fancy trying that. Is there an outfit running the mini bus service?

godzilla
    Free Member

you don’t need a minibus to get to the Col de cou from Morzine, just ride out of town, or take the lift system, class trail sooo much to take in.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-GnwDF7XGE[/video]

weeksy

Tell us more please Zilla.

godzilla
    Free Member

we usually take the –
    Super morzine, Zore, Mossettes, drop down the track and take the Grand conche DH track to the tarmack road and turn right, carry on until you get to a Café and you cut across the front and follow the track to the bottom of the Killer undulating climb, once at the top sit and pant for 15 mins and take in view.
    drop back down track you have just take 100 yards and this will get you on the ridge, follow ridge, the only place likely to confuse you is at the stone picnic table, just remember to turn right and not go on the road, follow the switchbacks until you get to a road, cross straight over, more trail until another road, follow this one to Champery.
    I may have missed bits so do some homework but im sure there are signs from the Mossettes for the Col de cou its just a while since I took notice of them, you can also miss out the Grande conche by taking the track round to the left then cutting right half way down the mountain to the little café and following the road to the café you cut across the front of.

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Thanks Zilla. I’ll try to do that one.

allthegear
    Free Member

That’s really useful, Zilla!!

atlaz
    Free Member

How’s the tech-ness of the col du cou? Quite fancy it but not sure about the relevant levels of the people I’m going with (they may all be better than me for all I know) so worth knowing before I suggest it

godzilla
    Free Member

There are some points that are pretty sketchy, but it’s worth it.
    The first year we did it we where with some lads of mixed ability, they rode or pushed, no biggie, unless they suffer from vertigo 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘'Proper Riding' in Morzine PDS?’ is closed to new replies.