Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Proper fed up neighbors Sky dish.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Right fathers day is getting off to a great start with a massive row.
    Our house is in a row of staggered houses.
    In the corner of our house is a tree/shrub it’s always been there and it doesn’t overhang the neighbors property.
    However a few years back the neighbors put up a sky dish, not on the front of their house, but on the staggered wall and overhanging our garden. But best of all right above our tree?
    So the tree has grown as they do and now blocks their dish…no picture.

I say it’s their problem, and should move it to the front of their house. Or pay to get my tree trimmed, I’ve tried but can’t manage it myself.
    My wife is having a right go at me, saying I should have kept the tree trimmed.
    I think they are retards mounting the dish behind a tree and overhanging our garden.

STW court of law views please.

richmars

I could be very wrong but if it overhangs it’s trespassing. Your tree is in your garden, so it’s your neighbours problem.

Check here.

alpin
    Free Member

up.. their dish “on” your property…. they shouldn’t have placed it there. you tree, in your garden…. not your problem.

butcher

Sounds like it’s their problem to me. As you say, trees grow. They knew this when they put the dish up. It’s amazing what people get wound up about. I wouldn’t even say anything – I’d just move it.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Not really one for the STW court of law, one for common sense. Stick your dish behind a tree then moan the signal gets disrupted. Tuff titty for them.

oldgit
    Free Member

The tree is in full flower at the moment making it worse, it also has birds nesting in it.

Slogo
    Free Member

let them move the dish, then cut it once the birds have gone. 😀

richmars

I guess your neighbour could say your tree is trespassing because it looks like it’s touching his wall. Maybe best to trim it a bit.

nbt

The tree was there when the dish went up, they should have put the dish on the wall to the left. Their problem.

SST
    Free Member

That’s a beautiful tree/bush and obviously a haven for birds. It would be a crime to cut it now.

Tell them to sort their own problems out. And btw, how did they ever put the dish up without coming onto your property???

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Whoever installed the dish for them should of known that trees disrupt the signal especially if the tree is right in front of the dish, you have numpty neighbours their problem!

MartynS

Absolutly not your problem. You are under no obligation to sort out your neighbours tv reception problems.

Frankly it’s there own fault for giving money to Murdoch….

oldgit
    Free Member

The tree was there when the dish went up, they should have put the dish on the wall to the left. Their problem.

Exactly just like every other single dish on the street.

Tell them to sort their own problems out. And btw, how did they ever put the dish up without coming onto your property???

Alien technology?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Get your chainsaw out, cut down the dish, throw it back on their property.
    End of problem 😈

bloodynora
    Free Member

Isn’t it against the law to knowingly disturb nesting wild birds?

cinnamon_girl

You reckon that’s bad? At the end of my garden the side-on house has a dish in what is actually the bottom of their garden!! Don’t know what it’s attached to, not their house for sure. It looks like a white spaceship from my kitchen window.

My trees need cutting, it may interfere with their reception, but the trees are doing a good job of camouflaging it. It’s a bloomin’ eyesore!!

higgo
    Free Member

Not your problem. Tell your neighbour to take it up with their (idiot) installer.

Your tree (and the ickle birdies therein) takes priority over his TV reception.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cut the cables

Tell him your short sighted 😉 and was trying to remove the tree 🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

And btw, how did they ever put the dish up without coming onto your property???

I don’t think that’s a huge issue for some Sky engineers, a colleague, who lived in the end of terrace house, once got home to find an additional dish on his house. It turned out that a few houses down had wanted Sky installed, but couldn’t get a suitable angle for their dish on their own house. So the engineer ran the cables along two other properties and plonked the dish on his house. Took him two weeks to get it sorted, Sky were being really evasive and saying they couldn’t take it down without the customer’s permission, and that it wasn’t their fault because their engineers are sub-contracted. They started getting their arses into gear when my colleague started threatening legal action….

Leave the tree for the birdies, screw the inconsiderate sods!

oldgit
    Free Member

Blimey a full agreement thread?
    I’m not unreasonable, I keep it in order and always cut it back after flowering.
    See that nice shiny guttering (not the down pipe) I paid for them to have that when they did my house.

Kit
    Free Member

SO what happens when your tree rips out their drainpipe? Their problem too? I’m sure a trim wouldn’t be a bad idea anyway 😉

zilog6128

I don’t think that’s a huge issue for some Sky engineers, a colleague, who lived in the end of terrace house, once got home to find an additional dish on his house.

Not only is it (more) unsightly to have multiple dishes next/close to each other, it’s totally unnecessary as you can run multiple feeds off the same dish. Do neighbours just not talk to each other any more?!

cinnamon_girl

Of course your neighbours must be feeling pretty stupid for allowing it to be put there! After all, the satellite company must have informed them what they would be doing?

Your neighbours are just passing the buck surely?

leonardsmalls
    Free Member

Serves ’em right for paying money to that Murdoch 😛

oldgit
    Free Member

SO what happens when your tree rips out their drainpipe? Their problem too?

I keep it free of the drainpipe (tricky when it sprouts and flowers, but they’re just flimsy shoots). I also go around the back and keep it ‘sensible’

scaredypants

help your neighbour to move the dish round the coner (looks like there’s enough cable already) and at the same time trim your bush a bit ?

– you may even be able to see out of your window then

wrightyson
    Free Member

I would trim the tree for you, from the bottom up!! 😀 Surprised its not causing them damp problems too to be fair!

oldgit
    Free Member

you may even be able to see out of your window then

You can, that’s a hoptical hillusion.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Declare the tree a Site of Special Scientific Interest, then campaign to have your garden designated an area of outstanding national beauty.

Before they know it, you’ll be getting permission to demolish their house on the grounds that it overshadows your tree.

Next, rub salt into the wound by installing a widescreen TV in the tree so that the nesting birds can watch Sky on your neighbour’s dish. They’ll wish they’d gone for cable.

druidh
    Free Member

Your window looks directly onto their Sky dish which has been up a few years?? I’d have had it moved on day 1

oldgit
    Free Member

Surprised its not causing them damp problems too to be fair!

Very little of touches the brickwork, and what does are the larger drier branches, all the foliage is at the front. It’s also very dry and South facing.

Funny thing is when they knocked yesterday, I went to look and a mummy Blackbird was on the antenna thingy feeding it’s little’uns, it was right against the bit that reflects the signal into the dish. 😆

Your window looks directly onto their Sky dish which has been up a few years?? I’d have had it moved on day 1

Thought that on day one.

druidh
    Free Member

😥

trailmonkey

Blimey a full agreement thread?

not quite – time you’ve spent ruminating over it on here you could have just lopped off the top couple of twigs, or told them to get on with it themselves.

either they’ve done something wrong – in which case just get the thing taken down. or you just don’t like it so you’re being deliberately obstructive.

*edit* can i just point out that i don’t really care either way but there was far too much harmony going on and it just didn’t seem right.

oldgit
    Free Member

not quite – time you’ve spent ruminating over it on here you could have just lopped off the top couple of twigs, or told them to get on with it themselves.

I can’t quite reach, I’ve got various cutters but nothing quite reaches.
    To make it worse the lawn is on a steep slope so putting up a ladder is very risky.
    I wait till it stops flowering then get at it with a heavy duty trimmer. Then I rest the ladders against it and do the top, which is bloody risky.
    It has gone mental this year though.

totalshell

tel em to mtfu.. and move thier dish if the idiots lantern is that important
    my parents live in a wood and have thier dish is actually up one of the trees approx. 50yds from the house.. and the sky ‘working at heights’ team put it there

iain1775
    Free Member

You and neighbour need to come to some agreement and sign a peace tree-ty

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Tis nesting season so it’s a criminal offence to disturb nesting birds.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think this just needs a little judishous negotiation.

racefaceec90

i would complain to them about helping line the murdoch’s pockets e.t.c. 😉 your tree is lovely (and nesting birds).as already said they knew the tree was there when they put up the sky dish.

RichPenny
    Free Member

It’s become standard practice over the last few decades to keep your bush well trimmed. I understand that as an old git you might not be aware of this, but I think your neighbours are just trying to get you up to speed with the modern world.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Proper fed up neighbors Sky dish.’ is closed to new replies.