Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Proper book and kindle question
  • rwc03
    Free Member

If I’ve already purchased from Amazon a paperback copy of a book can I download it to a kindle (app)? I purchased Kim last week but I don’t have the book with me, anyway of reading it for free on my htc?

Thanks

Cougar

Sadly, I don’t think so, unless there’s a bundle specific to that book. They’re separate things.

It’s a shame, cos it’d be a really useful thing to have.

richmtb

If only!

The answer I’m afraid is a firm no.

rwc03
    Free Member

Thanks for the quick responses, wishful thinking on my part

avdave2

Another one here who thinks it would be a good idea if you got the electronic version when you buy paper. Even if there were a small charge for it, say an option to add it for 99p I think people would go for it and I think they would sell more kindles and paper books on the back of it.

I’m sure they must have looked at this and had a reason not to pursue it.

Cougar

Probably the reason is “hey, someone might buy it twice.”

It does happen though. I got a bunch of Microsoft training manuals recently and they all came with an electronic copy of the book on CD. PDF, mind, but that’s still Kindle-able.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Do you mean Kim as in Rudyard Kipling? If so, it’s probably free on Kindle anyway.

rwc03
    Free Member

That’s the book, checked already and it’s not free unfortunately. Some classics seem expensive on there, all the P. G. Wodehouse are 5.49.

jota180
    Free Member
    Dolcered

theres probably a torrent or some dodgy way to get it.

my local library is starting to issue e-books, except to kindle as amazon wont allow it.

jota180
    Free Member

except to kindle as amazon wont allow it.

.mobi works for Kindle and Amazon can’t stop it

Other formats are easily converted via Calibre anyway

Dolcered

Not sure how the libray will issue the books. There must be a time stamp or something?? North Lanarkshire libraries.

yeah, my current mobi collection are from a set of discs from ebay. ahem.

edit: this is what the offical line is:-

E books and e audio books will shortly be available to download FREE of charge. All you need to use this service is a valid North Lanarkshire library card and your unique PIN.

You will be able to download to your PC, laptop, Ipad, tablet, notebook, I phone, Smartphone, Android, and most makes of e book reader with the exception of Kindle.

It’s easy to join if you don’t already have a card. Full details are available by going to the Joining the Library page using the link on the right hand side of the page.

rwc03
    Free Member

Thanks Jota, downloaded the .mobi file, moved it into the kindle folder and it worked a treat

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Proper book and kindle question’ is closed to new replies.