Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Propedal for Dummies? Or Just Me really
  • badllama
    Free Member

Ok so getting a new bike with rear shock with propedal when do you use Light , Med ,Heavy (no sure of the last setting 😳 ) Shock is Fox Float RP23

Does it relate to the incline your going up?
    Light Fireroad
    Med Trail
    Heavy (or what ever its called) BIG climbs!

superfurryhead
    Free Member

As far as I know it only relates to when it’s in lockout mode and it’s for when it blows out, For what it’s worth I am 76kg and use to have mine on 2 (medium) it’s a case of set and forget. I’d ride it with each one and see which gives the best support/comfort.

soobalias
    Free Member

one end is ‘super squishy’ (for the descents) – i guess ‘light’
    one end is ‘firm pedalling like a ht’ (smooth climbs) – i guess ‘heavy’

the setting in the middle, removes some of your pedal bob and still reacts to square edged hits.

as above, this is your fit and forget option

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    khani
    Free Member

The 1-2-3 settings are the level of propedal, the lever switches the propedal on and off, choose the level of propedal which suits you and your bike and weight then use the lever to turn it on and off while your climbing or descending.
    Once you’ve decided what level is best you shouldn’t have to change it while you’re out, just use the lever to turn it on and off..

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s a low speed compression circuit which is designed to cut out the pedal induced bob (low speed osscilation)

1,2&3 are soft medium and hard on the RP23 (varies depending on tune as to the effectivness)and the lever turns it on off. (although the adaptive logic ones set the pp in off position 0,1,or 2 and the on was full pp)

It’ll depends on what linakage and setup you have on your bike as to where you set it.

I’d start with it in 2 and turn it on and off as you see fit and then adjust from there. 😀

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

get a better suspension design where you don’t need it…

LoCo
    Free Member

DW link on your Turner, Turnerguy? 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

maybe 🙂

maestro doesn’t seem to need it much either.

badllama
    Free Member

Cheers guys 🙂

Kryton57

Loco – set correctly it also helps “stall” in rollers yes?

LoCo
    Free Member

It’ll support the back end more in low speed compressions , so yes would help in rollers and berms too, I used to run a bit on downhills to give a bit more support and something to push again and pump stuff.

flanagaj
    Free Member

FWIW my pro pedal lever seems to do nothing. I am not even sure which way you flick it to turn it on.

A google seems to reveal this comes up a fair amount

mrelectric

^ it is hard to tell when static but it is really handy. I keep it simple and just put on (set to 3) uphill & on flats and off for bumpy descents . It’s a RP23 TF tuned on Canyon Nerve

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re due a service every 12 to 18 months (200 hours) so it maybe a nitrogen leak into the oil causing areduction in damping, this is pretty common at service time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Propedal for Dummies? Or Just Me really’ is closed to new replies.