Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Propedal bounce…
  • mbqwerty
    Free Member

Got a Yeti 575 with a Fox Float RP23 rear shock. It’s got the 3-setting pro pedal, but even when it’s set on the stiffest setting, there’s still a decent amount of pedal bob…
    It sticks to the dirt on technical stuff which is great for traction, but up long fireroady climbs etc it gets a bit bouncy. It has JUST been serviced from an authorised fox service point, so I’m wondering, is everything as it should be or should I really be able to tell the difference between propedal on and off?

Rode the mrs’ bike with a CTD shock on, and on climb, it obviously fully locks out (or nearenough) and wondering if this is just a much simpler option to keep efficiency up? Thoughts?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mine lost the difference, returned and fixed under warranty

andymc06
    Free Member

Depends on the tune, suspension characteristics, amount of air in shock and your weight. Pro-pedal is not a full lock-out on any setting (according to the Fox blurb). I did notice a difference when I ran more sag on a recent Alps trip. Only then was there a noticeable improvement in pedalling efficiency with pro-pedal on. (Santa Cruz Nomad with RP23 large can and medium tune for info). Hope that helps.

trail_rat
    Free Member

not pedaling in squares helps loads with pedal bob.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Doubt I can return under warranty as it was a second hand purchase (albeit from a shop). I haven’t yet tried the different pro pedal settings, but trying to find a way to test the amount of shock movement when the propedal is on and off.
    I noticed so little difference that I actually had to stop, find the manual online and actually work out which way the lever is meant to be for propedal to be on!). I’ve serviced forks myself but don’t want to start dissasembling a recently serviced fox shock without knowing what I’m doing!

LoCo
    Free Member

Return to where the work was done (Mojo are the only Fox authourised service centre (for shocks) in the UK too Btw)
    It could be the rebound is a bit quick though, but shouldn’t be too noisy in operation. Should be a fairly defined difference between propedal min and max settings.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

It’s certainly not noisy, ah maybe they’re just a fork service centre rather than shocks. I’m taking it to the shop today for a proper setup so will mention it and see if there’s anything they can do

mbqwerty
    Free Member

You guys are gunna love this… took it to the shop. Asked what was happening with it, turns out I had the switch the wrong way… on the way home was watching the linkage and movement, turns out there is quite a significant difference. Feel quite special now.

jam-bo

this. i rarely switch mine on and I ride an orange.

edit: just read above and that wouldn’t help either.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

this. i rarely switch mine on and I ride an orange.

edit: just read above and that wouldn’t help either.

Luckily quite a lot of recent roadbiking has helped have a nice circular even pedal, but no… having it the wrong way round didn’t help lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Propedal bounce…’ is closed to new replies.