Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Proofing Northwave Celsius GTX boots?
  • sunnydaze310
    Free Member

Hi,

Do these boots need proofing/treating with anything?

I’d always treat my GTX clothing so guess the boots must need something done more than just washing?

Cheers for any help..

sofabear
    Free Member

I would think all they’d need is some Nikwak TX Direct sprayed on to them after washing (using natural soap obviously).

tomkerton
    Free Member

Great choice of boot, I really like mine. Game changers.

I’d suggest a thin overshoe! Saves getting yer best boots mucky and wet. I use grip grab ones.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for years. All I’ve ever done is hose them down and let them dry. They still work ok.

trademark
    Free Member

With my old goretex boots I just rinsed off the dirt to keep the pores breathable, which seemed to work.

To the users of these Celcius boots, how do they come up size wise?
    Do I need to go up a size as is with Shimano?

Also, is your foot totally enclosed in goretex or is it on the insole on the exposed cleats beneath them?

I’m buying some next week but Evans want me to pay for two pairs in the two sizes I need to try before they’ll get them in.

Cheers.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve had my Celsius and Fahreneheits 10 years now, never done anything, they still work just fine!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Good boots that dont need proofing, but heavy like pit boots. Binned mine and went back to race shoes with Woolie Bollie Defeet sock and Shimano MTB specific overshoes, I pref are this option.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@trademark – if I remember rightly all the sizing guides say they’re your ‘normal size’ and this has been my experience too.

My Celsius boots have plenty of room for thicker socks and are the same size as my everyday shoes – unlike the Shimano MTB shoes that were too small in my ‘everyday’ size..

sunnydaze310
    Free Member

Cheers for the responses.

@tomkerton – you’re right about game-changers. I like to go out in all weather – yesterday went out in Peaks at dawn wanting to be on the hills, high up, for sunrise..blowing a hooly, pretty cold, ice and snow everywhere..just by stopping to take a picture or grab some food my boots got coated in snow, ice and water…previously out on those adventures my feet would have been frozen, but yesterday… they were happy as larry!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Proofing Northwave Celsius GTX boots?’ is closed to new replies.