Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Proof of the existence of God
  • SaxonRider

Well maybe not, but it has been a sublime day here in sunny South Wales, which I have been able to enjoy with a stunning ride.

I hope all yours have been as nice.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y[/video]

MoreCashThanDash

See Al Murray, Pub Landlord, bacon proof of God routine.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I volunteered my time to help paint a classroom at my local school.. One other person turned up. So rather than it take 10 people 2 hours to paint.. I’ve been there all day as people can be such lazy twonks and volunteering is for other suckers. I’m in a fantastic mood. I’m obviously going to heaven for my good deeds!

sweepy
    Free Member

I had a planned ride across the Dava moor in beautiful weather today, then I got a frozen shoulder yesterday.

Remember to thank him for me will you?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Props for cloudine. Today, you are God.

GrahamS

[video]https://youtu.be/ZCL4dXUtblg[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually I dunno…somebody at the NRA shot himself this morning…

GrahamS

Wouldn’t have happened if he’d been properly armed… or something…

mt
    Free Member

Yorkshire is all the proof I need.

Nipper99
    Free Member

And I thought faith was the evidence of things not seen.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Glorious warm sunshine on the coast, Easter Regatta over at Cowes, boats, beer, birds innit…

There is a God.

slowoldman

Glorious warm sunshine on the coast, Easter Regatta over at Cowes, boats, beer, birds innit…
    There is a God.

Or a Goldilocks zone.

garage-dweller

Babel Fish.
    Irrefutable proof God exists
    But says man proof denies faith and without faith god is nothing.
    Oh bother says god i hadn’t thought of that and disappears in a puff of logic

I’m jolly clever says man, who goes on to prove black is white and gets killed on the next zebra crossing.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I see your Adams quote:

I don’t accept the currently fashionable assertion that any view is automatically as worthy of respect as any equal and opposite view. My view is that the moon is made of rock. If someone says to me, “Well, you haven’t been there, have you? You haven’t seen it for yourself, so my view that it is made of Norwegian beaver cheese is equally valid”–then I can’t even be bothered to argue. There is such a thing as the burden of proof, and in the case of god, as in the case of the composition of the moon, this has shifted radically. God used to be the best explanation we’d got, and we’ve now got vastly better ones. God is no longer an explanation of anything, but has instead become something that would itself need an insurmountable amount of explaining. So I don’t think that being convinced that there is no god is as irrational or arrogant a point of view as belief that there is. I don’t think the matter calls for even-handedness at all.

cloudnine
    Free Member

God repaid my good painting deed with me picking the winner on the grand national. Shame he couldn’t have let me know that I should have put more than £2 on it…

alanw2007

Proof of the existence of God Lou Reed.

Onzadog
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/4DXl68NF_uI[/video]

I offer you the story of Tony the fish.

Edukator
    Free Member

Meanwhile Syrians get blown to bits due to an argument over…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk41Gbjljfo[/video]

SaxonRider

You know what? The more I hear this, the more I roll my eyes.

Yes, Daesh pretends that their hideous, sickening, and utterly diabolical death cult is just Islam, but about a billion Muslims disagree.

By contract, back when George Bush Sr. led us to war in 1991, the rhetoric was all about how war in the Middle East was all about oil.

What I said about God was meant to be light-hearted and not seriously suggestive that my subjective day was somehow proof of anything, but to say, by contrast, that belief in God is really a reason for the hell they are living through in Syria, is just to be argumentative and silly.

At the end of the day, ‘the Encyclopedia of Wars, an extensive study published in 2008, chronicles 1,763 wars throughout human history. It names just 123 as ‘religious in nature’ – a little under 7%.’

In other words, other people’s hellish experience due to war, is normally complex.

CountZero

It was a glorious warm day over West Woods, Marlborough, looking for bluebells, really quiet, except for some noisy twonks on dirt bikes tearing along a byway making a racket, until they confronted me around a corner, where they had to slow right down to get past me.
    Few bluebells, clumps here and there, and one area does have a blueish haze, but it’ll be a while yet, not even the beech trees are showing any green yet!

Edukator
    Free Member

You need to read Jacques Chirac’s memoires, Saxonrider. Bush tried to persuade Chirac to enter the war and his arguments were all about fulfilling Biblical prophesies. To Bush it was a crusade.

Something on it from teh Guardian

Blair’s crusade

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Proof of the existence of God’ is closed to new replies.