Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Prologo Saddle weight / description problem from CRC
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

I ordered one of these saddles from chain reaction http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=85864 thinking I had got a bargain. Looking at the manufactures website the Nack 10 rails are carbon so I hoped that the crc pic was not the actual model and I would get the one from the description.
    It arrived this morning and the first thing I noticed was how heavy it is. I have never weighed a bike component before but I got the kitchen scales out. The crc description states 158g. On my kitchen scales it weighs 337g so its more than double the weight. It’s going on a bike that I’m planning on having a go at a few xc races on so I’m a little more concerned about weight on this build than normal.
    The saddle that came does look exactly the same as the one in the pic.
    Looks like they just put the wrong description on the advert.

I’m guessing chain reaction will just say send it back for a refund.

chakaping
    Free Member

Send it back using the free postage thingy, tell them why.

I’ve had a refund on a WTB saddle that was quite a bit over the quoted weight before from them, no quibbling.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Yup, return it using the free Collect+ sticker, they’ll refund you.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    timb34
    Free Member

Looks like the description is the same for this one : http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=85601

But at twice the price, I’d hope that the weight is correct. Guess that “Eco” means heavier metal rails.

Kryton57

I’m probably reaching, but I have a Scratch in 143mm undamaged and with 5 rides on it for sale at £60.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=88827

It’ll be in the classifieds tomorrow.

andrewh
    Free Member

CRC are a PITA for warranty returns, can’t imagine them being any better for stuff that works.
    You may have to argue quite hard.

honourablegeorge

andrewh – Member
    CRC are a PITA for warranty returns

They’ve been excellent any time I’ve used then, zero issues, all sorted quickly and painlessly.

brant
    Free Member

I know where you can get a Prologo Nago Evo X10 Saddle with Nack 10 Carbon rails for £84.99 or with Solid Ti rails for £64.99

Rorschach
    Free Member

Evan’s?

Northwind

andrewh – Member

can’t imagine them being any better for stuff that works.

Couldn’t be any better tbh- free return postage, quick refunds.

chakaping
    Free Member

They’ve been excellent any time I’ve used then, zero issues, all sorted quickly and painlessly.

+1

piece of cake compared to many firms

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

They’ve always been very good about warranty returns in my experience.

However, this isn’t a warranty issue, and will be covered by distance selling regulations, so there should be no question of a refusal to refund you, they wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if they did (assuming you haven’t had it for ages, or used it, or damaged it).

unovolo
    Free Member

Thats about the same weight as my Selle Italia Turbo that I have on my road bike and that has Cro mo rails.

Thin the Ti railed version of the Prologo is supposed to be around 200gm ,are you sure your kitchen scales are accurate? as thats still well over at 337gm.

theboatman
    Free Member

Bought what should have been a carbon railed slr from crc sale, but when it arrived rails were not carbon. Returned via freepost and prompt refund. First issue I’ve had in years, having made god knows how many orders, not put me off in the slightest. Replacement bought from px, and 3 phone call’s later it arrived. Finish on part of one of the rails is not great, but given previous experience of their ‘eye for detail’, can’t see much point in going back to them and it’s a minor giggle really.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Prologo Saddle weight / description problem from CRC’ is closed to new replies.