Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Prolink ProGold Extreme ?
  • iainc

Used this last few rides which have been extremely wet, couple of hrs off road. Doesn’t seem to last well at all, with chain getting noisy half way through. Just me ?

Might be forced back to dirty MucOff C3 ceramic wet….at least it stays put on that type of ride..

Or something else ?

It’s only for wet stuff as I use Squirt rest of the time

Jungli
    Free Member

I find Purple Extreme good for a few wet hours and cleans quite easily with a brush and rag afterwards.

For really wet rides I use errr Wet Ride.

🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

FS365. Cheap as ****, lash it on after every ride, chain and running gear never get dirty. And if you need evidence, Ask Chris J how wet our Ayrshire ride was a couple of weeks back, I reckon the water over the hubs for at least 0.5Km in total, at one point it was so deep it was over the headset lower cup!.

Chain was still quiet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

, I reckon the water over the hubs for at least 0.5Km in total, at one point it was so deep it was over the headset lower cup!.

No matter how good your lube your route choice needs some work…

iainc

nobeer – I’ve heard mixed reviews of that stuff, but you’re riding similar stuff to me, so maybe will give it a pop when the ProGold runs out…

(I take it the FS365 is the same as the UBS (Ultimate Bike Solution) with a different label ?)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

In the description of FS365 it says “Water Soluble & Biodegradeable” which doesn’t sound encouraging for use in wet conditions…

iainc

anyway, back on track – The Progold Prolink Extreme ???

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

In the description of FS365 it says “Water Soluble & Biodegradeable” which doesn’t sound encouraging for use in wet conditions…

I’ve given up on believing the BS that lubes claim to be fair.

No matter how good your lube your route choice needs some work…

Was a fun day, 15 degrees too. It’s my local ride and I’d had a few the night before, so didn’t want to drive. I’ll be sure to check with you next time though, as you always seem to be right.

LS
    Free Member

Progold Extreme is my winter road lube of choice as it stays put for 4hr+ wet road rides without forming gunk everywhere, and I also use it on the MTB for shorter rides where I want to get home and just put the bike in the garage after a quick application of some more.

For longer off-road rides though and on the CX bikes when it’s muddy and I’ll be cleaning thoroughly afterwards anyway, I fall back to the old favourite of Finish Line green – can make a mess but it certainly stays put!

iainc

LS – interesting, thanks. I use the regular ProGold on the road bike and really rate it, so I reckoned the Extreme version would be a good MTB slop lube.

Not so sure now..

The drivetrain was certainly gleaming post ride, probably ‘cos there was no lube left on it for dirt to adhere to !

Over-use of the words Pro, Gold and Extreme. One up to the marketing dept.

iainc

^^^ it does get pretty decent reviews, to be fair, which is why I bought it !

iainc

and back to nice quiet C3 Ceramic in the slop 🙂

I guess the Progold Extreme will be kept for slightly dryer conditions….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Prolink ProGold Extreme ?’ is closed to new replies.