Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Project hardtail……..
  • My old Lava Dome is in need of a bit of TLC after being lent to a mate and is currently sat unused and unloved in the shed.

I do like having a 2nd hack/pub bike, but I'm undecided what to do. The Kona is ready for some new wheels, the forks have seen better days, could do with some new V's out back and a disc up front and generally a bit more colour co-ordination.

What would the STW massiv do – start again with the Kona, or buy a different frame completely? After building my Enduro to my own spec, I'm definitely for building my HT rather than buying a cheapish off the peg bike.

thomthumb
    Free Member

it's too small for you. buy a bike that fits.

Is my Enduro too small for me?

Or the one before that?

I've just got long legs, I certainly don't need a bigger bike. The Kona was bloody awful to ride when I first bought it with a flat 100mm stem and straight bars though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    HansRey

i'd put some magura hs33's on it, front and rear. I've got a set of the very first to be made, and they're working the same as when they were new. I've also got a new set, and they're wicked, and expect to be working for the next 20 years. Perfect for a low maintenance hack!

HansRey

and put some nice carbon rigids on too

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ooh i've got that fireplace. need to get it installed soon. are you happy with it?

timdrayton
    Free Member

where are those carvings I like those a lot, would love to do something similar in my garden (will have big bits of tree soon, and always liked carving….)

Id take off the DCD for a start, nasty rattly things…

also the seatpost, and get a ti seatpost, some decent wheels and decent V brakes, and a adjustable travel fork 85 -130.

The colour of the frames nice Id leave it as is other than than that…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Project hardtail……..’ is closed to new replies.