• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nathb.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Project Cars 2
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Forza 7 and Project cars out over the next fortnight.

Normally a few race gamers on here so can any body help.

What do you get with the season pack bundle in PC 2?
    Do you get all future DLC content for free?

I`ve asked on twitter and Facebook but no answer yet.

Pre-ordered Forza on Amazon for a bargain £39.99 for the digital copy but this may be an error. (£2 reduction for Prime)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forza-Motorsport-Standard-Xbox-One/dp/B07219WHDJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1505379057&sr=1-1&keywords=forza+7+xbox+one

Drac
    alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Anybody tried it yet?

Had a few hours this morning on Knockhill as its the only track I have ever done for real. Was driving in the Opal TRC and it felt really good without touching any of the settings.

Loved the last one but the three pages of feedback settings was a headache, having to set up EVERY cars setting individually was hard work.

kelron
    Free Member

Looks really good, reviewers seem to like it.

A user friendly racing sim would be great, stuff like rfactor 2 are fun to drive but everything else has barely changed in the past 15 years.

redthunder
    Free Member

Need for Speed II SE

Job done 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

I bought Project Cars 1 a while back, it was alright but not quite as compelling as Assetto Corsa.

I bought Project Cars 2 last night and left it downloading overnight…I’ll duly report back later.

nathb
    Free Member

I’ll be getting this on PC once my free code comes through.

If it’s better than Forza 7 demo which I’ve just downloaded, I think I’ll be cancelling Forza!!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If your free code was for being a beta tester, it’s been available since around Tuesday. 😉

nathb
    Free Member

No, it was part of a promo for buying some components.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Well, first impressions are mixed. The graphics and sound are very, very good, certainly a notch above PC 1 and Assetto Corsa. Some of the menus are unnecessarily fiddly, if you use an XBOX One controller on a PC like me, you’ll need to recalibrate from other driving games as the controls are very subtle.

However, although I’ve yet to tinker with any sensitivity settings I noted that the controls are very finely calibrated and it’s easy to go from barely steering to lurid under/oversteer. Control feedback isn’t great (Assetto Corsa is far better) and the AI is truly terrible.

I mean it. Utterly, bewilderingly stupid. For example, you’ll complete a practice lap and find a pack of AI cars endlessly driving and reversing back and forth as if incapable of making a three point turn. This will happen at the apex of the slowest bend.

Then you’ll be driving a practice lap and an AI car will pull out of the pit and drive into the side of you. Worse still, AI cars which do finally complete that tortuous turn in the road will simply drive into you and nerf you off if you overtake, despite them being many laps behind in a race.

There’s the potential for a very, very good racing game here but it feels like a No Man’s Sky type situation upon launch in that there will need to be further patches required.

nathb
    Free Member

Ouch, that doesn’t sound good!

I’m quite impressed with Forza 7 demo, so I’ve cancelled my standard pre order for the standard edition at 30 and bought the ultimate edition for 40 from here: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-onewin-10-forza-motorsport-7-play-anywhere-2527-xbox-store-russia-2792893?page=4#thread-comments

kelron
    Free Member

In Project Cars 1 the AI varied a lot between tracks and cars. Sometimes they’d take bizarre lines or fail to use anything close to the available grip. I don’t remember them being completely incapable of finishing a lap, so I hope they can get that patched soon.

Have you looked at the driving assist options if you’re playing with a pad?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Not tried with the controller yet only with Thrustmaster TX, on Xbox One. Not had any issues yet with the AI but have read a few complaints. Feels so much better than PC1 to me,
    Knockhill was ace in the wet, the difference in levels of grip was excellent as the track dried and then wet again. But this was in a Ginnetta Junior; Caldwell Park in a GT4 is tough, track seems narrow and need I to be gentle with the throttle.

Being a sim it’s not meant to be easy I guess.

Played the Forza demo and it was ok, didnt like the Dubai track much as I kept understeering on the corners to often

kelron
    Free Member

I love Cadwell Park, it’s a very awkward track though. Try it in something light and low powered.

AdamT

Am loving PC2. It made me get a 2nd hand wheel off gumtree. I can’t figure out how the driver rankings/status can be affected…. Seems a very low frequency effect?

mattyfez

I’m actually on the lookout for a good newish racing game on PC, more realistic than say NFS, but not full sim.. Pc2 looks quite interesting

dannybgoode

Pc2 (apparently) can be full sim. One of the test team is a racing driver and he reckons you can set a car up to behave almost exactly as it would on the track – to the extent you could do a couple of hours in pc2 and translate everything; braking points, turn in points, entry speed etc straight on the track in an identically set up real car.

tomhoward

Done a few laps in a few cars, and while there are plenty of bugs, they got ironed out in patches last time in PC1 so not too worried. As for AI I tend to either just do timetrials or online.

Anyone driven the lotus 56 yet? Mental!

mechanicaldope

My trouble with these games is that I have no idea how to set a car up and no time to learn how. I would love there to be an option in practice to hammer out laps with a semi auto mechanic making changes and asking better/worse. Would end up actually being a point to practice in that the more laps completed the better the auto mechanic could set your car up for you prior to qualifying.

kelron
    Free Member

I get plenty of fun out of racing sims without really touching car setups. The basics of gearing are fairly simple and you can find some cheat sheets for tweaking certain handling characteristics, but suspension setup is complicated. Apparently PC2 comes with decent default setups, which a lot of games don’t.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Am loving PC2. It made me get a 2nd hand wheel off gumtree. I can’t figure out how the driver rankings/status can be affected…. Seems a very low frequency effect?

I think it goes down for unsporting behavior and goes up when you beat higher ranked players. Down fast and slow going back up so far i have found.Does seem to help avoid the 1st corner demolition in most racers.

[/quote]Done a few laps in a few cars, and while there are plenty of bugs, they got ironed out in patches last time in PC1 so not too worried. As for AI I tend to either just do timetrials or online.

Anyone driven the lotus 56 yet? Mental!

Not tried the Lotus 56, but there will be no Stability or traction control so will be a challenge. Will try tonight.

I never use ABS and try not to use TC or SC, mainly because when you race online they are sometimes been switched off. But the higher powered cars are a real handful. But I guess that why profesionals get to race therm 🙂

windyg
    Free Member

Grabbed a copy of PC2, pretty impressed, it seems much harder than PC1.
    The assists are horrible and it’s much better with them turned off, especially the brake assist.
    Choice of circuits are great, loving a Formula A car around classic Silverstone.
    Only noticed a few glitches graphic wise so far, not played online at all yet.

nathb
    Free Member

Not sure what to do about this game…

I’ve got until the end of next week to decide which 2 games I want and I’ve narrowed it down to
    PC2 / CODWW2 / Far Cry 5

I think forza is all the racing game I need?

Btw Forza 7 has its launch issues too!! It’s still really good though

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Project Cars 2’ is closed to new replies.