Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Progressive Bikes… still going?
  • househusband

Have emailed and rung twice over the last week or so, no reply to either.

Still a going business?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think so, took a while to get my frame but that was something to do with Hope running out of headset parts, I think it’s more allong the lines of a 1 man band opperating form his garrage than Maddison or Hotlines scale but Si’s always got back to me with answers whenever I’ve phoned or mailed him.

househusband

Thanks TINAS… just surprised that there’s not even a voicemail option on the phone. Doing a search I can see there’s been a few threads about PB and there’s been no activity from Si on the forum for three weeks.

retro83
    Free Member

On a related note, does anyone know what’s happening with Chumba these days? There was some talk on MTBR that they might be in trouble.

reevil
    Free Member

I was emailing Si about a week or 2 ago regarding Chumba frames.

He said he had no Evo G2s in stock, but was expecting a delivery soon, so he was active on emails then.

Not spoken recently, but he’s not getting in the colour I wanted, so I’m going with something else.

mbl1
    Free Member

Based upon the MTBR forum, i wouldn’t touch Chumba with somebody elses bargepole.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Based upon the MTBR forum, i wouldn’t touch Chumba with somebody elses bargepole.

mehhh, I just bought one and happy with it, and feedback on here about chumba and progressive seems good, MTBR seem to have issues with their customer services, PR and owner, the formers progressives in this country, the latter two are an irrelevance if it rides well.

mbl1
    Free Member

I hope you got a spare mech hanger or two!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

mbl1 – Member

Based upon the MTBR forum personal experience, i wouldn’t touch Chumba Kona with somebody elses bargepole.

I made the mistake of buying a Kona 29er hardtail instead of the HX2 that I was also looking at, based on my subsequent warranty experience with Kona (not the retailer who was very helpful) I’ll never buy one of their bikes again

mbl1
    Free Member

A fair point. The reason I found myself on MTBR was because i was considering a Chumba frame. It took me very little time to conclude that Chumba as it is now doesn’t care about customers… or dealers.
    Which is a real shame.

Mackem

As an aside, my Chumba HX1, ordered thru Si at progressive, is great.

wrecker
    Free Member

Chumba as it is now doesn’t care about customers… or dealers.
    Which is a real shame.

Yep. A shame mainly for Si who seems like a good egg.
    The HX bikes look pretty good actually but I wouldn’t touch a Chumba FS with a rented stunt cock.

Ewan
    Free Member

A fair point. The reason I found myself on MTBR was because i was considering a Chumba frame. It took me very little time to conclude that Chumba as it is now doesn’t care about customers… or dealers.
    Which is a real shame.

I have a chumba XCL. +1 to the above comment and my experience of chumba in the states. One day i’ll post the whole sorry tale up.

Ewan
    Free Member

Which is a real shame.

I have a chumba XCL. +1 to the above comment and my experience of chumba in the states. One day i’ll post the whole sorry tale up.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Progressive Bikes… still going?’ is closed to new replies.